Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Second best home game ever (LONG!)

That was the latest I've stayed out since the John Quincy Adams administraton. I kept threatening to leave, but I had to get even. I was winning the whole night, and it was hard work, but I did indeed manage to do it. Which was my best home game performance since the Magna Carta.

My favorite SBHE (second-best hold-em) hand was when the river ended up T-6-A-2-2, no flush possible. There were about eight of us who were still in the hand. Checked around. I was the small blind, so I proudly turned up my 8-7. Justin then turned up his 5-4, claiming, "Second best!" Alas, my 8-high didn't hold up for best, much to our chagrin.

My favorite omaha-8 hand was when DD ended up heads-up on the river against mike l. Now mike had been claiming expertise in omaha-8. Which, compared to the way the rest of us played, was a semi-accurate claim. So on the river, DD bets and mike calls. DD shows his cards and says, accurately, "6-low and a 7-high straight." mike lays down his cards, stares confusedly at the board, stares questioningly at DD's cards, stares perplexedly at his own cards, and politely asks, "Did I win any of this pot guys?"

Justin was nothing short of incredible. He decided to bank. Everyone gives him $200, he gives everyone $200 in chips, then proclaims he's $200 short. Josh graciously recounts the cash and discovers that Justin is not short, it's just that he can't discern the difference between $20 bills and $100 bills. Thus you see my concern to finish the evening's festivities with exactly $200, so as not to further confuse the young man.

I'm not sure which was funnier, Gabe's "YOU IDIOT!" or his apology to the family restaurant when he let out an expletive at something mike said that was almost a near-expert comment.

I too haven't laughed that hard in a long time, maybe since the Cro-Magnon era. And I am surely improving at card-throwing. It's all in the wrist.

Thanks, Josh.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:35 PM

Nothing to do with this thread, or anything else for that matter, but I just noticed that, above, it says:

"Please report anomalies to the forum master."

Doesn't that sound like something from a sci-fi movie?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stares perplexedly at his own cards, and politely asks, "Did I win any of this pot guys?"

[/ QUOTE ]

this was merely a ruse to trick any of you who might be catching on to the fact that i was playing o8 so expertly that i might bust the whole table.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:50 PM

I thought it was pretty messed up how you guys colluded against me and then how Justin made a "funny" by pulling out the chair as I was sitting down. Real cool guys. I hope you had fun chopping up my $200 after I left. And as for Andy Fox being a nice guy and a non dealer abuser, well that's BS. I've seen the guy throw cards and you don't get aim and velocity like that without lots of practice. I should know. He must be a real live one to not get banned from the Commerce by now.

Seriously, it was a hoot meeting all of you. Let's do it again some time.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:09 PM

Default I forgot my favorite hand

Second-best hold'em. DD bets out, as is his wont, and mike l. raises. Justin, Sooga and me are on the other side of the table. We all cold-call.

Mike says, "See, somebody's not thinking properly here, and it's not me. I think it's some of those guys over there."

I don't know how he knew, but he was right.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: I forgot my favorite hand

[ QUOTE ]
Second-best hold'em. DD bets out, as is his wont, and mike l. raises. Justin, Sooga and me are on the other side of the table. We all cold-call.

Mike says, "See, somebody's not thinking properly here, and it's not me. I think it's some of those guys over there."

I don't know how he knew, but he was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's obvious by now that he knew because he was playing the game at an expert level.