Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Re: ****Official Fresno St. Upset USC Thread******

[ QUOTE ]
It's really sad to know that LSU, the best team in the country, won't be able to play for the national title. Their defense can shut down any team and they have enough offense to move the ball on USC, because any offense can with that battered up secondary.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the funniest thing I've read in awhile. LSU got a "gift TD" in week 1 against Arizona State. Then the next week they blow a 24-7 lead after 3 quarters, to a "powerhouse" Tennessee offense at home! It's a good thing they will get the Big East champ in the Sugar Bowl.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:21 AM

What about the ASU game? I know they had to fly out there on short notice, but didn't the refs help them win that game?
Old 11-20-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's really sad to know that LSU, the best team in the country, won't be able to play for the national title. Their defense can shut down any team and they have enough offense to move the ball on USC, because any offense can with that battered up secondary.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the funniest thing I've read in awhile. LSU got a "gift TD" in week 1 against Arizona State. Then the next week they blow a 24-7 lead after 3 quarters, to a "powerhouse" Tennessee offense at home! It's a good thing they will get the Big East champ in the Sugar Bowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm supposed to be impressed that the supposed 'national champs' can barely beat a WAC team and some scrub PAC 10 team? Paul Pinnegar looked awful special tonight, I'm not sure he put up 42 point efforts in high school or against a high school team right now.

LSU's defense would maul pretty boy Leinart. I'd love Reggie Bush's 'speed' to be matched with an actual defense. Last I looked the WAC didn't still have Marshall Faulk in his prime.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:26 AM

Im not a USC fan at all. Im fairly sure the 33 wins in a row speak for themselves.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:29 AM

I wouldnt make fun of WAC schools either, its better than scheduling Appalachian St., and North Texas.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:34 AM

Texas anyone? That team hasn't come close to losing a game since OSU, one of the top 10 teams in the country, top 5 in my book. They blew out a top 20 TTech unit by 35 points. They beat Colorado by 25.

LSU can beat USC, but USC's a better team. LSU's offense won't be able to get 20+ points on USC, and USC can score 30 points on anyone.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt make fun of WAC schools either, its better than scheduling Appalachian St., and North Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, don't know if you watched the game but they talked about how Fresno was trying to schedule LSU but they said no. They then went and added Appalachian St. to the schedule.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm supposed to be impressed that the supposed 'national champs' can barely beat a WAC team and some scrub PAC 10 team? Paul Pinnegar looked awful special tonight, I'm not sure he put up 42 point efforts in high school or against a high school team right now.

LSU's defense would maul pretty boy Leinart. I'd love Reggie Bush's 'speed' to be matched with an actual defense. Last I looked the WAC didn't still have Marshall Faulk in his prime.

[/ QUOTE ]

A thread a while back in these forums talked about how LSU, Alabama, and Auburn all schedule scrubs for their non conference games in order to make it seem like they have amazing defenses.

During the game they said Fresno tried to play them, but LSU said no and instead picked some scrub a good high school team could beat.

I dont care about USC or LSU, but the article made a lot of sense and im pretty sure USC would crush LSU. Also Fresno played above their level. They played the best they could play and they lost, how about giving them a bit of credit. This was a team that lost to Oregon who USC crushed and yet they gave USC more problems than Oregon.

One last thing when LSU plays some real out of conference teams like USC did, Notre Dame anyone? Then LSU, Auburn and Alabama can whine, but first they have to play some real teams.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm supposed to be impressed that the supposed 'national champs' can beat Notre Dame?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are. Notre Dame could crush any team that the SEC has played out of conference.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm supposed to be impressed that the supposed 'national champs' can beat Notre Dame?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are. Notre Dame could crush any team in the SEC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats more accurate.