Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Another Magic player wins a bracelet

[ QUOTE ]
if I dig really hard, I'm sure I can find a few Mox's and a Black Lotus or two somewhere - prolly not in mint condition anymore ).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have them laying around, it might be a good idea to find them. Type 1 stuff is pretty much at an all time high price-wise right now.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:13 PM

Really?! I haven't played since junior high--about 10-11 years ago, but still have a bunch of cards in some boxes. Do you think I should go through these? Can you give me a link that could show me which ones to look for. I'll be honest, I don't even really remember how to play.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:15 PM

I'm lookin around (online) now and see there are a lot of Type I tourneys out there. Maybe it's time to break out the old deck... Hmmmm.....

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:16 PM

Yeah, a lot of these Dungeons and Dragons guys are doing well at poker. Do you know if any of them still play D&D seriously?
Old 06-07-2005, 04:16 PM

Meddling Mage? I dunno that card.. But seeing as how I played in like 3rd grade like 10 years ago - it probably wasn't out then.

Blackjack
Old 06-07-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meddling Mage? I dunno that card.. But seeing as how I played in like 3rd grade like 10 years ago - it probably wasn't out then.

Blackjack

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked it up, pretty nice card. It must be at least 10 years since I played seriously. I also just found this price list but am not sure how accurate it is. If it is accurate then the prices have not changed almost at all since I used to play (I only checked some of the big cards - Mox, Lotus, Time Walk).

If anyone has a better price list, please share (while I would HATE to sell my cards, if I can trade them in for a new car... you know...)

TIA
Old 06-07-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, a lot of these Dungeons and Dragons guys are doing well at poker. Do you know if any of them still play D&D seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I am a former D&D guy who now plays poker (but not well) and is actively seeking a D&D game in Toronto. Does that qualify me? (even though you did say "play poker well" and " still play D&D seriously?" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 04:40 PM

Yeah I may have a gold mine in my laundry room, curious to know now.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Really?! I haven't played since junior high--about 10-11 years ago, but still have a bunch of cards in some boxes. Do you think I should go through these? Can you give me a link that could show me which ones to look for. I'll be honest, I don't even really remember how to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

BAsically the big money cards are
Black lotus, 5 Moxes, Ancestral Recall, Time Walk, Mishra's Workshop, Mana Drain, Timetwister, and Library of Alexandria.

All of the above could probably be sold for > $100 in good condition. Lotuses are easily $600+.

Just look on ebay to see what stuff is going for (or www.starcitygames.com). I managed to sell all my stuff about 6 months before the prices went out of control.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:16 PM

d&d players are all losers who live in their mother's basement. and since loser d&d players must inevitably be 30 years old by now, that makes their moms 60, and there is no internet connection in the basement of a house that old. so therefore d&d players don't play poker. the act of driving to the store and buying cards is what has allowed loser magic players to discover poker and circumvent their basment destiny.