Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 03:15 PM

Default nut straight on monotone flop

This hand was terribly played. At what point do I let this go? It felt like a sin to drop it on the flop, the turn tiny raise was begging a call, and by the river it was a tiny bet. Yuck

Edit: villain is 36/20 and normal aggression. nothing stupid from him so far.
Edit2: 50NL. converter is bad.

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($21.55)
BB ($41.70)
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($50.10)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($60.25)</font>
Button ($22.85)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $2, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($7.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, BB calls $7, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $14</font>, Hero calls $7, BB folds.

Turn: ($42.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

River: ($52.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $28.6 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $28.60.

Final Pot: $109.95
Old 12-22-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: nut straight on monotone flop

im 3betting this flop - minraise is just probably a 4flush or straight draw with maybe a pair to go along with it.

nonheart turn i'm betting 2/3 to 3/4 pot and MAYBE folding to a raise - depends on what he does.

on a nonheart river i'm most likely putting him AI.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:34 PM

Given stacks, when UTG raises the flop it's push-or-fold time. I push. If he flopped the flush he's getting my money anyway, but I want to price him out of everything else.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:22 PM

Two thoughts:

1) Villain has two hearts about 1/3 of the time (thanks Grunch [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). So 2/3 of the time you're winning this hand. That's pretty good equity and certainly worth calling down as long as another heart doesn't hit.

2) At the current stack sizes, calling a PSB on each street will result in your whole stack going in by the end of the hand.

Put these two thoughts together and I'm pushing on the flop.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:30 PM

Does the fact that BB hasn't folded until after I call villain's minraise change anything?
Old 12-22-2005, 04:44 PM

Initially, I was thinking, just call the flop. I don't really like pushing because I felt that would only get you called by made flushes and maybe a hand like K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. You have no redraws against a flush, and your something like 57/43 against a pair with a draw.

However, you can't let BB stick around. If you just call, your giving him 6 to 1. I would put him on the heart draw after he check-called a pot sized bet. I would 3 bet to price out BB.

Another thing. As played on the flop, why didn't you raise the turn? He bet 5 into a 40 something pot. That signals weakness and/or flush draw to me.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:17 PM

I'd push turn or fold flop(to his c/r). Decide on the flop how far you want to go, your hand isn't going to improve
Old 12-22-2005, 05:40 PM

*Grunch*
Personally? That is a terrifying flop. But it could have been for the others too. I would have bet half the pot on the flop seeing the possible {*Royal*} Flush to gather information, and folded to any raise from UTG considering what you say about his history.