Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 10-27-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Best way to Atlantic City?

I leave from the DC area and I've always taken exit 3 of the NJ tpke, and at one point in time I had a shortcut posted by Bunky but I can't find it anymore. Anyone search-saavy enough to find it or know it? Also, anyone have any other good routes from the south, during peak and/or off-peak driving conditions?
Old 10-27-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Best way to Atlantic City?

One alternate route is to take Route 50 across the Bay Bridge, follow 301/896 t0 95 just Nort of the toll booths.

Skips the Baltimore Beltway, as well as much of the DC Beltway and whatever road you might take up to Baltimore.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One alternate route is to take Route 50 across the Bay Bridge, follow 301/896 t0 95 just Nort of the toll booths.

Skips the Baltimore Beltway, as well as much of the DC Beltway and whatever road you might take up to Baltimore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was curious about that route, any estimate on time?
Old 10-27-2005, 04:22 PM

take a flight to vegas... 4 hours...
Old 10-27-2005, 05:55 PM

There was a thread awhile ago that may have slipped into the archive about a cut-through involving an industrial park. I tried it and was very pleased at the shortcut it provided.

Try a search with "industrial park" and look in the body.

JWP
Old 10-27-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I leave from the DC area and I've always taken exit 3 of the NJ tpke, and at one point in time I had a shortcut posted by Bunky but I can't find it anymore. Anyone search-saavy enough to find it or know it? Also, anyone have any other good routes from the south, during peak and/or off-peak driving conditions?

[/ QUOTE ]

exit 3.... Take the right exit towards Camden after paying the toll...Left at the Wendy's/light intersection... stay on that road for a good mile or so, you will pass through some industry buidings and etc.... at the "T"...left then a quick right === DO NOT GET ON THE HIGHWAY (42)....you'll then drive past a gas station and pass Wawa....at the "T"...left to go over 42 then other left to get on 42E/ACE....there ya go
Old 10-28-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exit 3.... Take the right exit towards Camden after paying the toll...Left at the Wendy's/light intersection... stay on that road for a good mile or so, you will pass through some industry buidings and etc.... at the "T"...left then a quick right === DO NOT GET ON THE HIGHWAY (42)....you'll then drive past a gas station and pass Wawa....at the "T"...left to go over 42 then other left to get on 42E/ACE....there ya go

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was looking for, thanks!
Old 10-28-2005, 04:09 PM

Take a right at the light, keep going straight until night, and then boy, you're on your own.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:26 PM

From Cleveland Park DC
495 N
95N Philly
76 waltwhitman bridge
AC expressway
Total time 3:40
It's all highway so leave on off peak hours.
I leave around 7:30 on fri's and I am fine. Many people think this way is slower. it's not Philly is 3 hours from here and from philly to AC is 40min all multiple lanes too. not this one lane stuff.
hope this helped
Old 10-28-2005, 04:33 PM

It sounded like a good idea at the time--avoid a good bit of the DC Beltway, whatever route you might take to the Baltimore Beltway, the Baltimore Beltway, and much of 95 in exchange for a peaceful and scenic ride across the Bay Bridge and up lightly trafficked 301/896. However, according to getlost.com--

Alexandria VA to AC: 202.9 miles in 3 hours 36 min.

Alexandria VA to Stevensville MD (Eastern end of the bridge): 51.5 miles in 1 hour 12 min.

Stevensville MD to AC: 165.3 miles in 3 hours 12 minutes

Total Eastern Route: 216.8 miles in 4 hours 24 minutes.

I am still trying to figure out how it only takes 12 minutes less to go 165.3 miles instead of 202.9 miles--especially when the shorter distance is mostly over 4 lane highways--and I know the traffic is much lighter taking the Eastern route--but Yahoo seems to contradict my impressions.