Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 03:21 AM

Default flopping an ace when defending the blind

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 3.75 BB.

whats the best line to get the most value for your hand and lose the least when you are behind in spots like this?

assume villain is unknown
Old 10-19-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: flopping an ace when defending the blind

I tend to play these types of hands slow. He either has a better ace and is crushing you or has something like 77 or QT and is anywhere from a 10:1 to 50:1 dog. Try a Wa/wb line next time and let him bluff at the pot with a 3% chance to win. If you do take this line, it is fair game on the river of course.

Brad
Old 10-19-2005, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whats the best line to get the most value for your hand and lose the least when you are behind in spots like this

[/ QUOTE ]

Check call, check call, check call.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:27 AM

i dont play as high as 10/20 but usually i check call all the way down and donk the river against an aggressive opponent
Old 10-19-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to play these types of hands slow. He either has a better ace and is crushing you or has something like 77 or QT and is anywhere from a 10:1 to 50:1 dog. Try a Wa/wb line next time and let him bluff at the pot with a 3% chance to win. If you do take this line, it is fair game on the river of course.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

the only problem i see with this is a lot of opponents tend to check behind on the turn, what do you think about calling the flop and donking the turn?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

the only problem i see with this is a lot of opponents tend to check behind on the turn, what do you think about calling the flop and donking the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are they betting the flop with and checking the turn?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are they betting the flop with and checking the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

suppose in this situation vilain has Kxs after i c/c the flop he may be worried about a c/r on turn, this is not the case every time, im just thinking i dont want to give a free card when it is
Old 10-19-2005, 03:54 AM

heres an example of a somewhat different situation where i dont know if my line was correct and villain checked behind on turn i am sb with AJc