Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2005, 05:24 PM

Default $33 early game, call all-in??

Villian has played approximately 50% of the hands he has been delt and is aggressive postflop. He doubled up early on by pushing on the flop with two over cards and hitting one of them.

Blinds are 15-30. I am in the BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Villian limps in second position. SB Limps. Flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . I have 730 and villian has 1920. SB checks. I bet pot. Villain pushes. What's your play?

Old 12-30-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: $33 early game, call all-in??

I would fold. Too early. But let's see wut everyone else says.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:51 PM

Given what you've said, I'm calling. If he is playing loose enough to see 50% of the flops, there is a good chance he paired his 3, 5, or 8 (in which case you'll almost definitely outkick him), or he has a flush or straight draw, or just has overcards. I would think the chances of him having what I just said are much higher than him having a higher pair. Given that he limped in, he probably doesn't have it. I call. If he hit two pair, a set, or A-8, then so be it. I'd never fold top pair top kicker to a very loose very aggressive player who had just gone over the top for all in with only overcards.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:51 PM

I fold this.
too early for me to get involved with a marginal holding.
Plus there's the off chance that the SB hit something.

but I may be too weak here.

I mean you are ahead of just about all probable holdings other than A8, 99-TT, and only a slight dog to overcard clubs.
Overcards, straight draw, undercard clubs, mid/low pair, are all significant dogs to you, not to mention the times where this is a pure bluff.
The off chance that villian limped a monster or SB hit two pair is what makes it a fold for me.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:58 PM

you might have the best hand considering opponent, but it's still a fold. you are behind to A8, any 2 pair, any set, overpair and all of these are possible hands for this guy. you are currently ahead of flush draws, str8 draws, overcards.