Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Multitabling vs 1/2 Tables 6Max

This question is primarily for non students who have the time to play full time.

I understand the logic and success of multi-tabling 6max, but I data mine the hell out of PP (85+% of a given limit), and I rarely see anyone who consistently averages a full buyin a day on a monthly basis. If multi-tablers were doing so well, certainly there should be a lot more of them.

When I multi table it is fairly hectic, reads are weaker, and I can only play for 2-3 hours. When I play a single table my reads are so strong that it really is zero stress and I can play for as long as I want, and I almost always win a buyin within 2-4 hours, but can play longer if needed.

For the rare days I don’t win a buyin, the monthly rake pretty much makes up for it.

So my question is, are most people multi tabling because they are short of time and therefore it is the best way to make the most money? Or is it because you really think it is the most effective approach?

And of you think multi tabling is the most effective approach (provided you had unlimited time to play), where are all of the 1+ buyins a day players?
Old 12-06-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Multitabling vs 1/2 Tables 6Max

yes multitabling rocks
all the better guys moved up
Old 12-06-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all the better guys moved up

[/ QUOTE ]

I also datamine 1000NL 6max on Party. They can't go any higher there.

Besides, that still doesn't answer the question why someone would multi-table a particular limit.

If they are on a limit, and they are multi-tabling, and they aren't averaging more than a buyin a day, my question still stands...
Old 12-06-2005, 05:09 PM

I am a student who plays part-time, thought I would answer anyway.

I believe multi-tabling is the most effective way of increasing your earn, however, it takes a multi-tasking ability of being able to easily spot and tell apart good games from bad games. I'm really not sure what my current earn is, but averaging one buy-in a day I would of thought is sustainable.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe multi-tabling is the most effective way of increasing your earn

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are talking about in the shortest amount of time, I agree. But if you are talking in general, I have to disagree.

I disagree because I do not consider myself a great player, just "good/average". There are hundreds of players better than me, but hardly any of them sustain more than a buyin a day on average, and I do.

If I do, why don't hundreds of players better than me do it? If they have a limited time frame, that makes sense. If they multi-table for a living and have unlimited time, then it doesn't.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And of you think multi tabling is the most effective approach (provided you had unlimited time to play), where are all of the 1+ buyins a day players?

[/ QUOTE ]

I make more than 1 buy-in/day through rake-back alone multi-tabling.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I make more than 1 buy-in/day through rake-back alone multi-tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 25% RB you would need an MGR of almost $50,000 at 400NL. That seems pretty high [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I have considered the rake, but for myself, it wouldn't be as effective because I do not multi-table optimally.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:28 PM

Are you saying that out of your entire collection of databases, you have earnt more than double the PTBB/100 of the best 4-tabler out there over an extended period of time?
Old 12-06-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that out of your entire collection of databases, you have earnt more than double the PTBB/100 of the best 4-tabler out there over an extended period of time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. My only claim is that I win on average a buyin a day, and there are very few players winning that or above.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:45 PM

At this point I go out of my mind if I'm not multi tabling.