Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-27-2005, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Stars VIP = Cash???

Bob,

it looks like obsidian is calculating all of this assuming supernova status already.

What I'd like to know is what the actual rake is for stars at various levels..
Old 12-27-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's an idea I have been working on: If you purchase the Dell gift certificate, then place an order and pay for part of your order with your Visa card, then return the order, you will get credited the full purchase amount on your Visa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if its possible, but its certainly not fraud.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob,

it looks like obsidian is calculating all of this assuming supernova status already.

What I'd like to know is what the actual rake is for stars at various levels..

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this is correct. Some rakeback calculations for the other levels:

Bronze - 5.8%
Silver - 8.5%
Gold - 11.5%
Platinum - 14.5%

Yea, the rake and percent of hands that are raked at the various levels would let you find out the rakeback equivalent.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:46 PM

okay...i see.

it's 20% once you already reach supernova.
So obviously is smaller on your way up there.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:00 PM

These figures are not taking the weekly and monthly freerolls into consideration, right? IMO they will add significantly to those percentages, but the # of players is going to determine their true value and we don't have that info yet.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:16 PM

nope...and we won't get that info UNTIL they actually have the freerolls.

the value of the freerolls is kind of iffy regardless and depends on your situation.

Some people don't like tourneys anyway.

Some people will find it difficult to make it to them.
For example, I'm guessing they might have them on Sundays which is a decent day for most people but is not as good for me.

If you can't make it or don't want the freerolls then obviously they don't add value for you.

And if you can make it there is no way to tell how much value there will be in them until we start playing them.

I suspect that even Stars doesn't have any idea.
They have a vague idea of how many people WOULD have made each level based on play this past year....but that doesn't really mean too much because they don't know how many people will go from zero ring-game play at Stars to full-time ring-game play at Stars just because of the VIP club.

Right now it looks like quite a few 2+2'ers will be giving this a try.
This does not bode terribly well for game-selection there either UNLESS this club hopefully attracts a lot more fish to play there as well. One can only hope.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yea, the rake and percent of hands that are raked at the various levels would let you find out the rakeback equivalent.

[/ QUOTE ]

what I mean is a direct party -> stars comparison just based on rakeback calculations isn't enough. the bottom line is going to be your net rake - after calculating in rakeback and/or other promos.

if stars rake is 2bb/100 with 10% rb it's better than party if it rakes 2.5bb/100 with 20% rb. know what I mean ?

(yes i realize these numbers aren't accurate)
Old 12-27-2005, 01:20 PM

>UNLESS this club hopefully attracts a lot more fish to >play there as well. One can only hope.

Seeing Porsche might do the trick...
Old 12-27-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what I mean is a direct party -> stars comparison just based on rakeback calculations isn't enough. the bottom line is going to be your net rake - after calculating in rakeback and/or other promos.

if stars rake is 2bb/100 with 10% rb it's better than party if it rakes 2.5bb/100 with 20% rb. know what I mean ?

(yes i realize these numbers aren't accurate)

[/ QUOTE ]
True, but I am just assuming that at the level I play they are going to be similiar.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This does not bode terribly well for game-selection there either UNLESS this club hopefully attracts a lot more fish to play there as well. One can only hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. A lot of 2+2ers have leaks and are beatable, mostly from playing a bit too weak-tight after the flop.
2. This program is likely to push Stars upwards of 70K players. They will not all be good.
3. This program will likely attract some fish as well as some TAGS. And now that the bonus whores have almost nowhere to go, we are sure to see them at the tables as well.
4. And maybe most important: I'm assuming a nice number of players will be flocking to Stars from some of the smaller sites. As games are harder to find at these places (i.e. UB and FullTilt) the remaining players will need to find a game somewhere!