Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-17-2005, 12:43 PM

Default So I\'m boycotting Absolute Poker, but I have a reason.

The saga began here with a technical issue that went un-answered for way too long. My account has been closed since I called them and talked to someone after a week without any email response from customer support/Assistant poker room manager/Poker room manager. This email was just sent off to Richard Frost (assistant manager) as he sent me an email saying he didn't know if I want the technical issue adressed or my account closed:

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the thing:

If you are unsure of what I want, why not ask the person who knows? Me. That's what I'm so upset about. No one asked me what I want. No one attempted to fix anything. My trouble ticket just sat there. In all honesty, I am bad-mouthing your customer support at every opportunity that I get. I am a dissatisfied customer, and I want others to know it.

Your business model caters itself to the serious everyday player. By offering endless reload bonuses, the 'grinders' (for lack of a better term) are all over Absolute Poker like flies at a slaughterhouse. It's a tough site to play at for various reasons. For example the 9 person tables cause a winning player to pay a larger rake in proportion to winnings. The tightness (due to the grinders) causes average pot sizes to be smaller. I don't know if it's a function of the software, but every decision by a player seems to take abnormally long. The recently re-vamped raked hands requirements make bonus clearing take nearly twice as long. I could go on, but I'll stop here for now.

Absolute's redeeming quality (and yes, it was only one quality for me) was it's customer support. Prompt, clear, efficient, and courteous. That is no more. I went a week without any response. None. I'm going to type this in capitals, cause I don't want you to miss it: I HAD TO CALL YOU IN ORDER TO GET A RESPONSE. This is after sending nearly a dozen emails. Do you see the problem?

And for what it's worth, no one has even attempted to fix the problems I've had with the poker client, and it still doesn't work.

I manage a large staff of people for a living. If a customer service issue makes it to my desk, someone is in deep trouble. There is a science to customer service, but the overall theme is make the customer feel heard and appreciated. I have used my issue with your operation as an example of what not to do in regards to customer relations. Your staff (and you aren't excluded from this, as I emailed you directly nearly two weeks ago) failed miserably with me. I hope that you take the time to address this with them, and explain that with your business model, you need customers to be satisfied with your product.

Regards,

Nate

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-17-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: So I\'m boycotting Absolute Poker, but I have a reason.

i think this was a well worded repy.

however, you still did not tell tham what you want.
[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 03:20 PM

i too have no idea what you want.

you are mostly just talking about the quality of competition at their games.

Did they close your account for some reason? Did you want it re-opened?
Old 12-17-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i too have no idea what you want.

you are mostly just talking about the quality of competition at their games.

Did they close your account for some reason? Did you want it re-opened?

[/ QUOTE ]

From the previous thread I think I know what he wants. He wants someone in customer service to respond to his problem and help him get it fixed. Neither of which occurred (or not very timely anyhow.)
Old 12-17-2005, 04:24 PM

I called them, had them close my account and send my money back to Neteller. I don't want anything anymore, other than for all of you to know how bad their customer service has gotten of late.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:45 PM

Sounds like a rough experience, but don't you think you're being a little unforgiving based on the experience that you probably received as a result of two or three poor representatives of a normally good company?

I recently had a similarly nasty experience flying Lufthansa (cancelled flights, lost bags, mean CS people), but based on their reputation with many of my friends and all of the good things I've heard - I'll give them another shot at redemntion.

Relax a bit.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I called them, had them close my account and send my money back to Neteller. I don't want anything anymore, other than for all of you to know how bad their customer service has gotten of late.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm.. I don't think customer service has ever been their strong point.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:09 PM

i have been playing there for a few months and have nothing but positive feedback. However, i have had some awful experiences dealing with pokerroom and would never play there. I have heard people complain about pokerstars and party poker and every other poker site.

given the thousands upon thousands of customers these companies have there are bound to be a few that will complain when things don't go there way.