Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Re: $400nl session video.

I call w/ 78o in SB w/ 1 limper.

I didn't like turn semibluff w/ T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

What are u representing when u did that? Nice job not letting him stack u when u both caught flush on the river tho.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the hand where u had A9 u should have raised pf.
After u didn't raise on flop and floped TPTK and the guy to ur left minraised u should make the decision there how u will proceed with the hand. Calling the minraise then check folding the turn is no good IMO, either fold to minraise on flop or lead turn.

-I keep watching

PS what did u use to make these videos?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm raising A9o from the SB roughly never against any limpers. In most cases I'd fold it.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the hand where u had A9 u should have raised pf.
After u didn't raise on flop and floped TPTK and the guy to ur left minraised u should make the decision there how u will proceed with the hand. Calling the minraise then check folding the turn is no good IMO, either fold to minraise on flop or lead turn.

-I keep watching

PS what did u use to make these videos?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm raising A9o from the SB roughly never against any limpers. In most cases I'd fold it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess just calling isin't bad in my book....but why fold? in my experience someone who limps from button generally has a pretty bad hand, and if they have an ace it usualyl has a lower kicker. If I encounter much trouble i just fold.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:30 AM

I said in most cases I fold it... not all cases. Against a very loose/bad button open-limper I would play it. But I'd play it carefully. I'm hoping to pick up a couple bucks from someone on second pair or something if I hit a flop... I certainly don't want a big pot with it. The results of this hand illustrate exactly why it sucks... unless you flop two pair or better, you have to give it up pretty quickly.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:19 AM

Allin,

Any was could u go to 2.5x, cause I'm slow, but seriously I think 3 is a hair to fast, but I think 2 would be too slow.

Question, why did you push the KTs hand, with the 4 heart draw on the flop?

Do you always lead out for a PSB on the flop?

I agree with most of the posters here with all comments. Biggest thing I noticed was you playing too tight 4 handed, could loosen that up a bit, just seems like a lot of ABC poker
Old 12-12-2005, 05:08 AM

I have been watching a lot of the Green Plastic et al. viedos recently, and while I think you played well, I have comments for some hands.

(In no particular order because I was jotting notes randomly)

-Q9o in BB - it was folded to button who raises to 10, SB called, I would still fold this shite

-KTs vs short stack. Interesting play, and I understand wanting to raise his flop min-bet, but I don't know if all-in is the best.... but would like to hear others comment.

-QTs - I thought this was good

-A7s on button - I think you should raise this

-A4s UTG - I like it

-44 vs AK - hate the flop bet

-T8s (can't remember this one, but my note says, "check the flop?")

-A9o in SB - you flop top pair in an unraised pot. I think 1/2 pot bet is good here.

-55 on button. You originally limped but the blind re-raised. IIRC, the raise was ~35 to you and he only had like ~350 left. I know the other limper came along, but only playing for set value is think this is maybe a fold.

-T7s on button. Limpers to you, I like a raise here.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:45 AM

How can you setup the speed? (2x,3x, etc.)
Old 12-12-2005, 06:57 AM

I find watching these sessions really useful. People usually choose unusual hands for posting and it's good to see the run of the mill hands, small pots and folds.

I used the hhs myself. Thanks for providing those. I have one database in PT for viewing long hhs. It means I can go at my own pace. I don't think I've played enough poker to follow hands at pace. Actually real time is hard. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I noticed you folded 87o in sb vs button limp. I play needlessly loose when completing sb but it's 85o I'm trying to fold. How loose is everyone here? I assume no. of tables played affects this.

What are the UB games like? Can't decide whether the pot bet button is a good thing for me or not.

James
Old 12-12-2005, 02:17 PM

bumping this, still looking for your feedback Allin esp on the KTs hand
Old 12-12-2005, 05:48 PM

this is a great idea i think. can we get some sound effects on the next one? hook up a mic so when can hear you cuss.