Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Good spot to Semi Bluff ??

Been playing with villian for two orbits , he tryed to make a move on me once wich i caught , besides that seems ok.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) converter

UTG ($302.35)
MP ($64.30)
Hero ($242.50)
SB ($177.75)
BB ($367.30)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $16</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $8.

Flop: ($34) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $20</font>, Hero calls $20.

Turn: ($74) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $70

Anyone likes this? or this is chip donation?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Good spot to Semi Bluff ??

NO
Old 12-12-2005, 12:10 PM

Yeah i definately think this is a chip donation. I dont mind the call on the flop but let it go on the turn. Your not even drawing to the nut flush let alone the board is uncoordinated. Semi bluff with nut draws and more outs. Reconsider his starting hand requirements..... I dont understand this play at all
Old 12-12-2005, 01:47 PM

I play it the same way sometimes. I see the weak lead on the turn and think they're weak; and a lot of the time they are. But, you are getting immediate odds to draw so maybe take them without a read.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:50 PM

I read him as weak , a orbit ago he attempted to steal me, and also took this weak line\aproach , villian capable of making a move
Old 12-12-2005, 01:54 PM

i sort of like it, but i think i'd rather take the excellent price to hit my draw. you can always bluff at the river when he checks to you and you miss [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read him as weak , a orbit ago he attempted to steal me, and also took this weak line\aproach , villian capable of making a move

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a good move that should be used against a different opponent. You need someone who's tighter and more conservative to get away with this. Do you know that he's adjusting a lot based on recent hands? Because otherwise, it seems as though he's to agg for this to work most of the time.

If you are hell-bent on semi-bluffing this hand, I think the flop is your big chance. He's betting weak, and the bluff is cheaper overall if he goes over the top of you and forces you to fold.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a good move that should be used against a different opponent. You need someone who's tighter and more conservative to get away with this. Do you know that he's adjusting a lot based on recent hands? Because otherwise, it seems as though he's to agg for this to work most of the time.

If you are hell-bent on semi-bluffing this hand, I think the flop is your big chance. He's betting weak, and the bluff is cheaper overall if he goes over the top of you and forces you to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point 100% Agree, altought delaying the semibluff to the turn show´s more strenght.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:57 PM

2 things have me worried:

He min-raised pre-flop - that's more likely to put AK in his possible holdings, especially after the weakish leads. If he has that, your Q outs are no good.

As played, he has to call $50 into a $164 pot - better than 3:1. Would you play TPTK/2 pair/set this way?

If you're going to raise, make it a real raise, which unfortunately commits you. This leads me to think the flop may be a better place for this.