Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Empire did not pay me as a prop, did not even pay me rakeback

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Which still doesn't explain how Empire was willing to pay out 100%... Unless they meant 100% of their 90% share. But, really, I think this guy's been had. Two people on 2+2 have come forward that they are under this guy who is "the biggest affiliate out there" that nobody has ever heard of...

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't surprise me that props were offered 100% rakeback... other prop firms offers more than 100% rakeback for play at other sites.

It wouldn't surprise me that an enterprising affiliate manager cut a short-term deal with an affiliate to keep 100 high volume players around and active, during the month after the Party split.

It wouldn't surprise me that some of the large non-rakeback affiliates have been forced to pay rakeback to their more knowledgable customers, to keep them from jumping ship once they learned about rakeback!

It wouldn't surprise me that this forum will bring out of the shadows info on some previously not well known affiliates.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the terms were what the guy already mentioned of 20 hours a week or 5/10 or higher then this will be the first prop site in history to have those terms. Every poker room that hires props ALWAYS mentions starting tables and playing short in the terms. And they dont care if it is 5/10 or 1/2. They want you to start a table or sit at a table with a few players in it. Your job is to get asses in the seats, and once the table is full to move on to the next shorthanded table. The OP mentioned nothing of this is the terms. If in fact nothing about this is in the terms I can tell you right now the whole thing is bogus.

Lets look at the evidence here. First the evidence against you guys seeing a cent.

1) You have not been paid.
2) Empire does not hire props according to an affilitate that is large enought to meet them in person on a semi-regular basis. And if by some chance they were to hire props there would be a standard prop agreement about starting tables and playing shorthanded and none of this was mentioned in the prop agreement.
3) The affiliate's web site is a collection of broken links and unprofessional.
4) The one link from his website that does work is for rakebackprograms.com .. a rakeback site that has been shut down and now promotes Costa Rica.
5) No other affiliate has reported having a problem getting their money from Empire.
6) How exactly do you keep things "very quiet" and become the largest affiliate? Does not pass the smell test for me in the slightest.
7) The future of the poker room is up in the air and the affiliate certainly is not gonna make the amount he did make from them ever again. Maybe he has bills to pay from when he was rolling.
8) Empire is a company that is not going to stiff anybody and would honor all legit agreements. They would not put somoeone off, saying the money is coming next week, they would honor the agreement and the payment time frame.

Lets look at the evidence that you might get paid.

1) The affiliate has said you will or that you might get get paid .
Old 11-16-2005, 05:46 PM

Has anyone received their full payment yet? I rec'd a transfer today from 'empirepoker' for exactly $1000. I'm expecting over $4000. Does anyone have an update? I am a preferred member, so there shouldn't be a $1000 transfer limit on my account.

Since we're gathering feedback on Poker Habit I'll post my experience with them. I've been receiving a rakeback on my empire account for about 18 months. I had originally signed up through Doc Applegate of steelwheelpoker.com, and he must have sold me, or merged with Poker Habit about 6-12 months ago. They do seem to have a lot of players under them, they've always paid promptly in the past, and always had a terrible webpage. I am obviously concerned about getting my full payment, but until now there has been no reason for concern. They are evidently located in Vegas, and I've talked to them on the phone before, it was a vegas number. I unfortunately don't have that phone number anymore.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:03 PM

I use PokerHabit for Empire Rakeback also. As for anyone who doesnt think that they are a huge Empire affiliate you are wrong. I cannot say for certain that they are the largest, but I can guarantee they are within the top 5.

I was also a prop for these past 2 months on Empire. Like all the other props I was expecting 100% rakeback adn didnt get it on time.

Just like the previous poster I just got $1000 in rakeback, but I think I am expecting more. I am fully confident they will eventually pay. Just a matter of time. I cant see them paying $1,000 out and not the remaining.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:06 AM

It's amazing how most (not all) poker players bitch about getting "screwed" by Empire when they thought they were not getting paid last month, but, when it turned out to be false, you can't ****ing find them. And you wonder why poker players have such a bad reputation! I received my rakeback last month for being a prop (albeit a couple of days late but who is not late sometimes) and, as evidenced by the fact there have been no more posts here, every one else must have also.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:20 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

did you just happen to stumble upon a post a month old and wanted to rant? sspt
Old 12-10-2005, 11:38 PM

bump