Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 12-06-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: MySpace Trip Report

This is about the most dysfunctional first meeting I have ever heard about. Going to stay at her house, meet her family, etc. all before you had met her in person is just absurd.

If you really like her though, cut off all communication. About two weeks from now go to her Myspace page and make a really nice comment about one of the emo blogs she's written and you'll be back in business.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So yeah, anyone care to go through my post and point out all the misplays I made.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's the crucial one:

[ QUOTE ]
the trip I took this weekend to meet up with a girl I met on MySpace.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude- everybody gets laid off of myspace these days, or at least that's what the kids tell me. It's not exactly just for nerds or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first moved to Portland, I really didn't know anybody. All I used was myspace. It was pretty easy. Of course, Portland girls are sluts, and if I would have known this, I might not have used myspace at all. Then again, I don't like going to bars to meet girls, so it worked out in the end. Plus, you would be amazed at how many 23-28 year old girls want to go roller skating. I think I went to the crappy Portland roller skating rink 6 times from myspace dates. Her: "Well, what do you want to do/where meet". Me: "Oh man, I haven't been roller skating since I was like 13. That would be so fun." Her: "Either have I, that sounds like a great idea." Of course, the first girl I said this to it was true. But, not the other 5 times.

craig

p.s. Rollerskating was much more fun as a kid. I was very disappointed when they played modern songs. I deluded myself into thinking they would play the same music.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So yeah, anyone care to go through my post and point out all the misplays I made.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's the crucial one:

[ QUOTE ]
the trip I took this weekend to meet up with a girl I met on MySpace.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude- everybody gets laid off of myspace these days, or at least that's what the kids tell me. It's not exactly just for nerds or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first moved to Portland, I really didn't know anybody. All I used was myspace. It was pretty easy. Of course, Portland girls are sluts, and if I would have known this, I might not have used myspace at all. Then again, I don't like going to bars to meet girls, so it worked out in the end. Plus, you would be amazed at how many 23-28 year old girls want to go roller skating. I think I went to the crappy Portland roller skating rink 6 times from myspace dates. Her: "Well, what do you want to do/where meet". Me: "Oh man, I haven't been roller skating since I was like 13. That would be so fun." Her: "Either have I, that sounds like a great idea." Of course, the first girl I said this to it was true. But, not the other 5 times.

craig

p.s. Rollerskating was much more fun as a kid. I was very disappointed when they played modern songs. I deluded myself into thinking they would play the same music.

[/ QUOTE ]
didnt you say in a thread yesterday that you were married? how long has myspace been around?
Old 12-06-2005, 06:16 PM

Nez Rouge and Aylmer... sounds like you were somewhere near Ottawa? Where exactly did you go?

What is this bar you speak so highly of?
Old 12-06-2005, 06:17 PM

I think it was him not gettting ripped with her and her family that doomed his chances of reaching the poontang.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:17 PM

Without going into great detail: married, was going to get divorce, moved to portland, stayed for 4-5 months, then came back to reconcile.

craig
Old 12-06-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without going into great detail: married, was going to get divorce, moved to portland, stayed for 4-5 months, then came back to reconcile.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh i see. thx for the clarification.

What doomed him is he didn't win over the friend.

Rule #1: When going on an early date with a girl and a group of her friends for the first time, you have to spend AT LEAST 70% of your time trying to fit into the dynamic of the group. If it is obivious that one person in that group is the best-friend then you have to focus your sights on her/him. If they like you sex is not far off.

This is a clear cut case of failing the friend test. You were brought to the bar with all these people you don't know, but whose opinions were very important to her, so she could get their approval. Whether or not you could have done more to impress the jury is hard to say, but by your own admission you shut down.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:25 PM

yea good point. I was going to recommend not hanging out with her friends until the relationship was more firmly established. That way you can fight the propaganda war more easily. But like you said, if you do get stuck with the friends then you almost have to have more game than it took to get with her in the first place.