Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: KK push...am I a donk?

Well I'm not the seasoned vet most of you sound like, but 11 in a freeroll I'd consider coasting in too. I don't like risking all the chips in the SB b/c most opponents especially in freerolls just assume attempt to steal the blinds. Lots of fish will definitely call with an A in their hand...ITS AN ACE BY GOD!! (I'm being facetious here). Like some of the other I would raise 3x BB and watch the flop. Ppl don't value there play as much in freerolls. I play in some pokerstars with a 6k entry cap...it takes less than an hour usually to get to 1500. You can get to the final 300 or so in less than 2 hours.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:19 AM

Easy push, but next time you post a hand don't post results or even hint at them. Trust me, you get better discussion for sure.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:32 AM

better then one person saying "horrible".. and another person saying "retarded", with neither of them posting any useful advice?

I'd sure hope so.

It's much better for people to say nothing, rather then post one word condemnations. That helps no-one, and comes across as slightly "retarded"
Old 10-03-2005, 07:43 AM

I dont' understand how you're in 14th place w/ only 3200 chips. How many people started, and how many chips did you start with? It doesn't seem like many chips to be in 14th place.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That sucks, I probably would have raised 3x, then pushed the non ace flop. If I saw an ace, I might be inclined to fold, but I might lose all my chips anyways there.

[/ QUOTE ]horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Only reason I say this is because 1-39 is the same prize, and if I think I can coast there, I'm not going to put my tourney life on the line because of a meaningless hand. Lots of horrible players like to play Ax, and I am only a 70% fave to win, meaning if they call, 7/10 times I double up, and 3/10 times I lose everything so close to an almost guaranteed win.

I'd still push any non ace flop, because then I am likely a heavy favorite to win, while if an ace comes, I am not feeling it.

If I knew I could coast the rest of the way, I'd just fold every hand, even if I knew I had a 70/30 favorite.

If this was a tourney with a pay structure, then I might open push. But since it's not, I can't see risking it all when you can taste the victory.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the hand in HOH was very different. i push here, unless they are alot of really shortstacks i dont think u can coast in

[/ QUOTE ]

if a 4000 stack is 12th in chips and he is 14th, then I can imagine that there are a bunch of really short stacks.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:39 AM

why not slowplay? you couldve either won a big pot or lost a small one. kk in tournaments can be tricky because it only takes ane ace to beat you and you're done. A push at this stage is unnecessary. You could've seen a flop and either let it go or tried to out play him. There was no reason to just try to win the pot right there you had a monster hand. Set a trap or avoid one you have a choice. You gave up control and thats the risk you took.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:47 PM

considering folding KK in this spot is awful. Maybe if it was closer to the bubble, i would consider folding...
Old 10-03-2005, 12:50 PM

Being 14th in chips with these blind sizes is by no means a fold-into-a-seat situation. Most people's Ms, including your own are really poor, so there's still a ton of moving that can happen, and no one is immune at this point. If you sit back, many short stacks will be doubling up (busting out as well but the average stack will be increasing) while you're getting blinded down, and you'll probably arrive precisely on the bubble in really bad shape. Auto-push here. If you were 14th in chips w/ 41 people left a fold would be fine.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Being 14th in chips with these blind sizes is by no means a fold-into-a-seat situation. Most people's Ms, including your own are really poor, so there's still a ton of moving that can happen, and no one is immune at this point. If you sit back, many short stacks will be doubling up (busting out as well but the average stack will be increasing) while you're getting blinded down, and you'll probably arrive precisely on the bubble in really bad shape. Auto-push here. If you were 14th in chips w/ 41 people left a fold would be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP has about 5-6 orbits to go through before he's totally blinded off. I refuse to believe that with these huge blinds and small chip stacks that 11 people won't be eliminated in 45 to 55 hands. I don't think folding here is awful if you're confident you can coast into the money, which I think you should be.