Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 10:06 PM

Default two aggressive 2/4 6max hands

i have no reads on this one

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Button ($414.70)
SB ($518.50)
BB ($209)
Hero ($429.90)
MP ($277.33)
CO ($756.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls $10.

Flop: ($30) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $36</font>, BB calls $22.

Turn: ($102) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $160</font> (putting him all in if he calls)

in this hand, villain is quite loose and passive preflop and pretty straightforward but not too horrible postflop

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

UTG ($212.10)
MP ($792.30)
CO ($452.20)
Hero ($412.50)
SB ($390.43)
BB ($394)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $14.

Flop: ($42) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, CO calls $30.

Turn: ($102) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $65</font>, CO calls $65.

River: ($232) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $150</font>
Old 08-27-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: two aggressive 2/4 6max hands

I'd like to know the outcome of these hands, but from what i can gather your all over the place in these hands. First hand though, i wouldn't even of bothered with it. Your out of position, with a mediocre hand, but the raise is decent enough that anyone that does call is going to put you on a premium hand based on your position, so you have to assume that they also have a good hand to call the utg raise to begin with. Now, on the flop is where you really get lost. he bets into you, you raise and he flat calls. From that point forward with his call, there's really nothing you can do except try to get to a showdown. There's just way too many ways for you to lose in this hand, and there's no point in putting any more money in the pot when you don't know where your at.

Second hand.

Same situation. I like the play preflop, and i like the bet on the flop, that fact that he calls on the flop though is enough to make me wanna slow down though. You don't call 65 dollars with nothing. Turn card brings a J making the straight possible, but i'd be more inclined to think with the flat call on the flop that he has either JQ, 76, or a flush draw, either way, it's time to slow down at this point. The river card making the straight more imenient is kinda a dammit! card. It's a crying bet on the river. Again, what was the outcome?

I personally just think you need to slow down a bit and not push small edges. Wait for your favorable flops to bet like that. Dont be so quick to put money in the pot with nothing on the board helping your hand. You give yourself a chance to win the pot right there. But those are short term results and you'll get picked off a lot more and lose more than you win.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:45 PM

I kinda like the first on post flop. Don't think even in my laggiest days I raised tjo utg, but whatever.
Second I for sure give up after the flop call, and I often check this flop. I do like the river bet, but I really hate the turn bet.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:41 PM

why do you often check the second flop? i bet probably 90% of the time after i raise pf.

i'm still up in the air on the turn bet. he has to have a pretty decent hand to call me there and i could have as many as 10 outs. also, i felt that if he had a decent hand he would have either check raised the flop or led the turn since its a draw heavy board.

river... i don't know.