Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 03:08 AM

Default 200/400 bellagio AQo

full table.

A bad player (bobby b on the board (jon bender I think is his real name)) had limped ep with KK and I'd overlimped with A6s (that good of a game at the time) and I flopped and ace and after the hand he said "you woulda probably called me anyhow preflop if i'd have raised" i said I didn't know, depends how many amstels I'd had (I'd had a couple at this point) and another player started givin me [censored] about how I was bullshitting the guy and "giving me a dose of my own medicine"he so called it...not so loud that bobby heard but jsut being stupid. I had been folding a lot of hands and this guy hadn't played all weekend so he probably thought just like liz lieu did..that i'm some scared tight kid who can be pushed around.

An older super loose/passive (j3s utg etc...plays most of his hands (different than the player who limped kk) limps, I raise A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the hijack, folded to that guy in the sb I'd had a little thing with who genuinely pauses as if he's thinking, looks at me and 3 bets, fish calls, I 4 bet, they both call.

Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (I have no spades)
Sb bets, fish calls, I call.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: 200/400 bellagio AQo

seems fine. but you should be raising the turn here virtually every time.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:24 AM

The SB 3bets you preflop you 4bet, and now he bets into 2 players, a fish and a preflop 4 bettor, on an Ace high flop. This is a sign of great strength IMO. In this situation I would also just call on the flop as you did. In fact, I would not put in a single raise postflop unless I improve, I would just call this down. My goal here would be to get to the showdown as cheaply as possible.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jon bender I think is his real name

[/ QUOTE ]

THIS GUY!?!

Fold, cause when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.

btw, Schneids and BK have never seen the breakfast club and i would have totally stayed out of this thread except they didn't know who i was talking about when I IMed them, and that pissed me off enough to post random stupid crap in this otherwise possibly good thread, but I guess since they're both mods they can delete this and ban me anways.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:43 AM

I've seen the breakfast club I don't know what you're talking about.

Different jon bender. I'm not even sure that was his name.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:43 AM

i play it the same so far (generally).
raise the turn if given the opportumity no matter what comes.
BTW/ maybe you should mention whether you had the Qs?
Old 12-06-2005, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The SB 3bets you preflop you 4bet, and now he bets into 2 players, a fish and a preflop 4 bettor, on an Ace high flop. This is a sign of great strength IMO. In this situation I would also just call on the flop as you did. In fact, I would not put in a single raise postflop unless I improve, I would just call this down. My goal here would be to get to the showdown as cheaply as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

i concur
Old 12-06-2005, 09:45 AM

" This is a sign of great strength IMO"

wrong. he had to stop and think preflop. that means questionable hand. there's no way sb is stopping and thinking with AK. his 3 bet would be in in a heartbeat. AQ is way good on this flop, the only reason the flop call is right is because it's like a slowplay. raising the turn is the only option especially if a spade comes (bk doesnt have one).
Old 12-06-2005, 12:56 PM

flat call here? i dont understand.. why does the spades thing have anything to do with it.. chances are you have the best hand.. and if someone is drawing to the spade flush you're ahead and will win more times than not... im pretty sure thats simple poker knowledge.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:51 PM

I can't say I know the dynamics of 200/400, but what are the odds that a hand you beat will bet into you again on the turn? My guess is that they're fairly low, in which case a flop raise is better since there are lots of worse hands that'll call down.