Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 07:37 PM

Default TPNK after a LRR

SB is loose and passive, i dont really have a read on anyone else that matters cuz im playing way too many tables and my computer only has about 200 megabytes left on it so im not using pokertracker until my new hard drive comes in(should be today) and for some reason there happen to be a bunch of non-regulars in the game today

Party Poker 50.00/100.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (17.00 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ...

this is a pretty easy fold right?
whats my plan for the rest of the hand if its not?
Old 12-02-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: TPNK after a LRR

holyshit how could this be an easy fold?
i would raise here, and i also think you might want to bet this flop.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:38 PM

I would have folded pre-flop because I think K-3 often wins a small pot or loses a big one. And sometimes a limper 3-bets, as happens here.

I couldn't fold here with top pair after they all checked. So that leaves call or raise and I think I'd raise in case somebody behind picked up a flush or other draw. I think about folding if it gets 3-bet.

On the river, I call a bet and bet if checked to.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

youd bet into a LRRer and a big field with a 3 kicker on your king?

how often do you think we are good here?(before the flop gets checked around)
Old 12-02-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded pre-flop because I think K-3 often wins a small pot or loses a big one. And sometimes a limper 3-bets, as happens here.

[/ QUOTE ]

im usually playing most suited crads in this spot, maybe i shouldnt unless im closing the action?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:31 PM

MP2 has somewhere between nothing and near nothing. I would raise and pray.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:48 AM

PREFLOP: Getting potentially 13-1 odds to call, I would call with K3s, the pot is too big to consider folding this hand despite your bad relative position and the small chance someone may LRR.

FLOP: The pot is so big right now I dont think it matters much whether you bet this flop or check and call. But if you are checking this flop becuz you fear MP2's hand, then I dont like it. Given the preflop action you should realize that the MP2 does not have a strong hand, he limp reraised after two people initially called in front of him(this means if he had a monster hand like AA,KK,QQ he wouldve raised right away since he already has his market. When somebody limp reraises in this situation it almost always means a speculative holding that plays well multiway like 55, or T9s.

TURN: Your check on the flop actually set you up perfectly on the turn to protect your hand. You should definitely raise this turn, the SB couldve easily played QQ this way and thats the only excuse you need to make raising correct here in this large pot. You dont need to think of yourself as a favorite before you consider raising in this spot. The pot is large enough where you only need to have the best hand a small percentage of time to make raising correct. A raise is vital to protect your hand from the gutshot/5 outer draws the times your hand is good.

RIVER: If you dont improve, check it down.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:16 AM

well, im in the process of setting up my new hard drive and my old one [censored] up shortly after posting this, so i dont have access to the hand history right now, but ill give the results as i remember them

once again, i pussied out and called, it was raised behind me, folded to SB who called, i folded

river was either a 7 or an 8

SB checked, turn raiser(im pretty sure it was not the LRRer) bet, SB called

SB had QQ, turn raiser had either 58 or 57 for the rivered straight and my hand was good on the turn

i guess i was just confused by the preflop action and big ass field, but looking back on it i think i had a clear raise and thinking this was a fold is pretty bad

edit: also looking back on the action, i dont think there was any reason to put the LRRer on a hand, he was porbly just looking to gamble in a big ass pot
Old 12-03-2005, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you aren't going to bet when you flop a K, why are you calling raises with K-x?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you aren't going to bet when you flop a K, why are you calling raises with K-x?

[/ QUOTE ]

the main reason i played the hand was because it was suited, i dont know, im reading middle limit hold'em and maybe its weak-tightness is rubbing off on me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ill just have to go back to my normal LAG strategy[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]