Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Paris Hotel poker room

Played my first session there last week, 1-2NL, and found it to be an incredibly soft and wild game. $25 pre-flop raises were routinely called by 3-4 players. One older guy, probably a regular since all the dealers knew his name, would call any size bet to the river if he had a draw - he called an all-in bet for $250, when he lost he said, "had to do it, I had an open-ended straight draw". He said he had won 2K the night before at 2-5NL.

Anyway, I don't see much about the Paris on this forum (I know it's a new room) but I think their NL games are worth checking out based on my limited experience. Dealers were good, manager seemed on the ball, and the "room" (really just a cleared out craps area) was right next to the bar which made for fast drink service.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Paris Hotel poker room

Thanks for the info! I will be staying there in 2 weekends, and I will try the baby NL, sounds like a good place to peddle nuts, but I'm a limit player and non-HE player. What limits do they spread? Do they spread Omaha, Stud, or anything fun?

Also, have they arranged a proper poker rate yet? I called them about a month ago, and they said book through the sports book for a discount.