Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: A hand I really liked...

[ QUOTE ]
scrub to my left, jason_t to my right, bukkake two to my right. some number of limpers, bukkake checks his button option, jason_t does something and I check Jh 7h in the BB.

Flop is Th 6h 3c. Check, I bet, a caller or two, bukkake calls on the button, jason_t folds.

Turn is the Jd. I bet, callers fold, bukkake calls.

River is the 5s. I check and feel sexy. Yase?

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved how you played this hand.

I loved how it turned out even more.

scrub
Old 08-26-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
scrub to my left, jason_t to my right, bukkake two to my right. some number of limpers, bukkake checks his button option, jason_t does something and I check Jh 7h in the BB.

Flop is Th 6h 3c. Check, I bet, a caller or two, bukkake calls on the button, jason_t folds.

Turn is the Jd. I bet, callers fold, bukkake calls.

River is the 5s. I check and feel sexy. Yase?

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved how you played this hand.

I loved how it turned out even more.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

I un-[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see him paying off the checkraise with anything you beat, or even worse he 3-bets you. Seems like if your going to check to induce a bluff you should just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I can see c/calling the river or betting it. if you were playing seriously, i don't see bakku paying off a c/r with a weak pair.

or was your plan actually to 6-bet him and get him to fold the best hand? in that case, you rule.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:50 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seems like he's calling with something weak in the event that you are being you. don't know how often he'll have a hand worth betting, though I think he'll probalby have to pay off if he does have to bet

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the river check screams missed hearts and that he'll bet any hand he has. bukkake ain't D-U-M and there ain't a stereo in sight.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do missed hearts have to do with value betting?
Old 08-26-2005, 02:53 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

doesn't matter. he's got a crappy pair and has no reason to think that you'll pay off with a worse one. tell me what value there is in betting a pair of 3s or 6s
Old 08-26-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
doesn't matter. he's got a crappy pair and has no reason to think that you'll pay off with a worse one. tell me what value there is in betting a pair of 3s or 6s

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought dave was hoping that bakku would attempt a bluff, not hoping that he would value bet....
Old 08-26-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought dave was hoping that bakku would attempt a bluff, not hoping that he would value bet....

[/ QUOTE ]

bluff what? he overcalled the flop with nothing, then called the turn with nothing? the OESD has a pair of 5s now, probably not worth betting, smaller hearts absolutely raise the flop on the button with only one player between him and Dave. what's he bluffing?

does he have him pegged exactly on 98?

flop call, closing the action, decent sized pot, he can call with a pair. turn he bets again, but it could still be a bluff or semibluff. the only thing I could see him betting is maybe a weak 6 hoping Dave flopped bottom pair or something.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:06 PM

check-raising missed hearts would be a great move. they'll call a bet anyway, so there's no good in betting. given that you cehck, you can fold or raise, but raising could work because it's highly unlikely bakku has much of anything. I could see him doing one of those things where he bets, gets check-raised and instamucks because he's "obviously" beat.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:07 PM

He's not dumb. Which means he probably knows what your doing and checks behind unless you're behind. It seems to me from his perspective you'd fire the last barrel on the river with most missed draws enough that he has to call with a small pair here. If he has a hand that can't win it's possible he bets...but not as possible as if he were dumb and unaware of this play. No?
Old 08-26-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
smaller hearts absolutely raise the flop on the button with only one player between him and Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

the flop action states "a caller or two," which is actually relevant here. with only 1 caller between him and dave, don't you think small hearts might go for jasont's overcall rather than a raise?