Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 08-23-2005, 12:25 PM

Default PokerRoom reload bonus %20 up to $200

Members, check your email, I just received this message in their newsletter:

Use deposit code VENDOR on your next deposit to get 20% (up to $200) on your next deposit. Offer valid until August 29 for a single deposit only. Reload terms & conditions apply.

(I'm assuming the standard 7x clearing rate they state in their terms and conditions. 7x is in player points, you get 1/2 a player point for a raked hand with a rake of $0.50 and above, a full player point for raked hands where the rake is $1+. You do not need to contribute to a raked hand, just be dealt cards.)

Oops, thats POKER room, not party, doh!
Old 08-23-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Party Poker reload bonus %20 up to $200

Pokerroom, not Party Poker.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: PokerRoom reload bonus %20 up to $200

Do Pokerroom bonuses expire? If so, how long does one have to clear them?
Old 08-23-2005, 12:39 PM

from their reload bonus faq on their webpage:

What is a reload bonus?
A reload bonus is a cash bonus that is occasionally available on PokerRoom.com. It’s a percentage bonus you get for depositing funds to your account. If the bonus is 20% and you deposit $100 the bonus would be $20. In order to get the reload bonus, you must be able to receive our promotional emails informing you of the bonus.

How and when do I receive the reload bonus?
To get the bonus you need to collect enough player points within 60 days of the deposit. A bonus requires seven player points for every dollar. For example, a deposit bonus of $20 will require 140 player points. As soon as you have collected the points needed, your bonus will automatically be transferred to your PokerRoom account.

At times, more than one reload bonus will be available to you. However, only one at a time can be active. So if you need 50 player points to collect either one of your reload bonuses you need a total of one hundred to claim both of them. The same points cannot be used to claim more than one bonus. As soon as the first bonus is claimed or has expired the next one will activate.

Please note that you cannot use previously earned points to speed up the bonus payout. You must earn the points after the deposit was made.

How do I know how many additional player points I need to claim my bonus?
On My Account you will see your total amount of player points and also the remaining amount needed to receive the bonus.

I can’t deposit. What’s wrong?
To be able to deposit money, you have to real-money enable your account. This is done under My Account page. If that is not the problem please contact our support team who are available 24/7.

Do I need to enter a deposit code to get my reload bonus?
In most cases you will need to enter a deposit code while making the deposit for the reload bonus to take effect. Our newsletter will indicate the deposit code you need to enter.

So if nothings changed, you have 60 days.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:49 PM

Thanks. I looked at the FAQ before posting, but I guess my reading comprehension skill have gone to crap this summer.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do Pokerroom bonuses expire? If so, how long does one have to clear them?

[/ QUOTE ]

You get a 3 month window to clear a Pokerroom bonus. Pokerroom probably has one of the better bonus unlocking policies.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:46 PM

Besides the painfully slow rate maybe [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. One more question that I did not see answered in the FAQ. Does the bonus clear in one lump sum or is it cleared $X at a time (like Paradise clears $10 for every 100 hands or whatever). I want to deposit as much as possible, but have a feeling I won't be able to clear the whole thing with school starting on Monday. I barely play 1000 a week now that there isn't school (and that includes multitabling and six-max).
Old 08-23-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides the painfully slow rate maybe [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. One more question that I did not see answered in the FAQ. Does the bonus clear in one lump sum or is it cleared $X at a time (like Paradise clears $10 for every 100 hands or whatever). I want to deposit as much as possible, but have a feeling I won't be able to clear the whole thing with school starting on Monday. I barely play 1000 a week now that there isn't school (and that includes multitabling and six-max).

[/ QUOTE ]

It clears in a lump and fairly slowly. You may want to deposit less than the maximum. But still, with all that time . . .
Old 08-23-2005, 03:41 PM

Besides the painfully slow rate maybe .

This bonus clears at 7X - probably as good a clearance rate as you are going to find nowadays. 1400 Player Points for $200. Seems pretty fair to me.

This bonus clears quite well at 2/4+.

Realistically, what more do you want?
Old 08-23-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides the painfully slow rate maybe .

This bonus clears at 7X - probably as good a clearance rate as you are going to find nowadays. 1400 Player Points for $200. Seems pretty fair to me.

This bonus clears quite well at 2/4+.

Realistically, what more do you want?

[/ QUOTE ]

At $2/$4 it clears about the same as a Party 7x does, but at $1/$2 it clears much much slower because of the .5 points for $.50-$1 rake provision that Party still counts as a full hand. The difference at $1/$2 is huge. My advice - play $2/$4, but some people are still working up to that level and this bonus clears pretty slowly if you are below it.