Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 07:18 AM

Default Getting over a mental hump

I play SnGs exclusivly. So far Ive been doing very well at the Party $11s(although its still a small sample). The general consensus at the STT forum is that the $11s and $22s are almost identically profitable and the difficulty of the $22s is minutely harder. However, every time I open a $22 to test my skills, I have this huge mental block of playing at the next level. Although I concentrate extra hard on every hand, I feel its throwing off my game. Does anyone know how to overcome this so I can play the $22s comftorably(sp?).
Old 07-14-2005, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Getting over a mental hump

Even when you are well bankrolled, it can still be difficult to think of your buy in as simply a buy in instead of a dollar amount When you are 10 OOTM at the 22s its really the same thing as when you are 10OOTM at the 11s, but it certainly feels different.

I recommend doing as much gophering (popping up and then back down) as you feel is necessary before you settle yourself at the 22s. As long as the money is not as issue for you, then you will probably adjust to playing the 22s soon enough.

OTOH, if you have financial problems, or you are not well bankrolled (I DON'T mean 30x buy ins, which is a massive practical jopke being played on all the SNG grinders) it will be a problem for you to make this transition. If this is the case, grind out a fat roll at the 11s or start bonus whoring cash games with rakebake.

Best of luck,
Snowball
Old 07-14-2005, 08:03 AM

I have an idea, start playing $100 tournaments, when you go back to $20 it will seem like nothing..
Old 07-14-2005, 05:41 PM

thanks SNOWBALL....

...uhhh...you to Erik.