Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Matusow will dominate

Matusow will wipe the floor with the wannabe's this year. He's focussed and playing poker on a level that has heretofore not been seen.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:04 PM

I'd imagine this is as good a test as any:

[ QUOTE ]
Burt Rice doubles through Mike Matusow
On a flop of [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]][K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]][J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] Mike Matusow pushed in and was called by Burt Rice. The players turned up:

Mike Matusow [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]][6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Burt Rice [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]][Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]

The turn came [4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] and the river came [9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]. Neither a help to Matusow who was down to 3 million in chips. Burt Rice doubled to 2 million.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-13-2005, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd imagine this is as good a test as any:

[ QUOTE ]
Burt Rice doubles through Mike Matusow
On a flop of [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]][K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]][J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] Mike Matusow pushed in and was called by Burt Rice. The players turned up:

Mike Matusow [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]][6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Burt Rice [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]][Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]

The turn came [4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] and the river came [9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]. Neither a help to Matusow who was down to 3 million in chips. Burt Rice doubled to 2 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a meltdown. Matusow aggressively played his big stack with the nut flush draw and Ace overcard. He simply got picked off by middle pair.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:24 PM

someone else told me this was a meltdown too. just because a guy loses a pot doesnt mean its a meltdown. what do you expect him to never hit a bump?

i still hate matusow btw.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:35 PM

ps the guy has worked himself back up to 3.5 million in chips (apparently).
Old 07-13-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not a meltdown. Matusow aggressively played his big stack with the nut flush draw and Ace overcard. He simply got picked off by middle pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I mentioned it was a "good test". He lost a hand that he had a lot of chips invested in. When that happens late in a tournament (from what I've seen), he tends to compound the loss by going on mega-tilt and throwing chips away on mistake after mistake, even though the original play is rarely a mistake.

As it turns out, it looks like he's back up a few 100k chips since then, so it appears he didn't melt down this time around. Good for him.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Matusow Meltdown

A Raymer-prompted Matusow meltdown makes great poker TV. I thinking seeing that on TV would be really great.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:17 AM

According to the interviews at cardplayer Mike said he wasnt getting any hands yesterday and basically was forced to try and outplay or buy pots. Im thinking if he was gonna blow up it would have been in this critical round where accumulating chips is vastly needed, yet he remained together and is playing good poker.

I know Im not the biggiest fan of Mike the mouth but Im really pulling for him to get second.. with Ivey getting first.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:42 AM

What if Matusow sends Raymer packing?

[ QUOTE ]
A Raymer-prompted Matusow meltdown makes great poker TV. I thinking seeing that on TV would be really great.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-14-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if Matusow sends Raymer packing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even better TV. (though nil a 2+2'er will want to admit it)