Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Poker apparel outside of poker events ie in public places

[ QUOTE ]
If there's an upside to telling a woman that you gamble, I don't know of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the truth

When they ask what I do, I respond "I'm self employed and work mainly online in financial risk/money management." Never ever had a follow-up question unless one of my douchenozzle acquaintences laughs when I say this. By time the target knows the truth, she's already in too deep.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:43 PM

wow. can you say bucket shop?
Old 12-06-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone in my investment banking analyst class wore a poker stars shirt to work like every other day, and a poker stars jacket.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a variety of online poker apparrel, including hats, coats, scarves and t-shirts. Everyone at work knows I play A LOT of poker (I do not admit to online play), but I wear no online poker stuff anywere NEAR work.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By time the target knows the truth, she's already in too deep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe the other way around.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That being said, I wouldn't wear clothing with poker emblems at church, weddings, dates, funerals, special banquets-you get the drift.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I wear my nicer clothes to more formal events...like my ripped-off sleeves jean jacket and Napalm Death t-shirts. Plus anything that my mom made using the Bedazzler.

Nothing says cool more than "Joe Cool" on the back of a sleeveless jean jacket in Bedazzler beads. I usually only wear that one on dates, though. It competes with my similar Tales From the Crypt jean jacket. The Crypt Keeper is so rad and most ladies already know this.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:06 PM

Considering that Small Stakes Hold 'Em has been on my desk for the last couple of weeks for reading at lunch and the like, I don't think a Party Poker t-shirt would make much difference [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Other than the fact that t-shirts are against the dress code. Better make it a polo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 12:28 PM

I wear my poker attire for one reason only, referrals. I keep a few professional looking business cards with my Pokerstars info on it at all times. If someone asks about playing online poker I hand them my card and tell them about the free money they can get for just signing up. You'd be suprised the amount of referral fees I've gotten from Pokerstars at $50 a pop.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:07 AM

I tend to wear my poker clothes like I would any other clothes. I have a casual job (part time in a privert owned record store) so for some reason wearing poker gear goes well with the punters. They think, 'Cool, a geeza into that, must be a swimin' place'. My boss thinks its cool, and, on one occasion, I got invited to a home game... by a girl. We're pretty close now, so it looks like heads up soon... :P
Old 12-15-2005, 08:18 PM

I only wear my Party Poker hat when I walk our dog. When she sees me put it on she starts jumping and barking like there's no tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:21 AM

It has to be a somewhat unique shirt...otherwise ur a dork...and whats gonna happen to you is stated in one of the above posts. Where the buddy wore the shirt to the home game and he was ribbed the whole night