Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-05-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree my pf raise was bad... It's not THAT bad esp considering how much respect EP raises get in that game...but it's almost surely -EV in a vacuum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, lots of respect. She reraised you with A5s preflop to isolate you. Then, she raised you with bottom pair on the end, for value.

Sometimes it's best to just sit back and wait until you get a hand so you can get paid off by people like this. I prefer to have buttons and/or big cards to play hold em.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's what I did after I took a break shortly after this hand.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:25 PM

Is her river raise purely for value?

She obviously doesn't put BK on 44. I suppose she must be thinking "this internet hero is betting his AK here. I'll raise and these internet guys never fold".

Maybe she was thinking that. Or maybe she was thinking that her raise could perhaps get BK to fold 66 or some slightly bigger pair.

These two thoughts could co-exist though seemingly incongruous.

Who knows? But I think her river play is a little shaky as well. Maybe she wants to send a "don't f*ck with me message" but overall, her best play by far seems to be to just call the river bet.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And she's not hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, raising the river for value with bottom pair and getting paid off is pretty hot in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

3-betting an EP raise from a solid player with A5s is not hot.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:29 PM

That's the thing with an "expert" play. Sometimes it looks exactly like something a complete moron would do. Like you said, it could've been an accident. But I think you're underestimating the value of a two-way play. She's paying off for sure and it's only one more bet to raise. She knows bk won't put her on a J or a flush. She's also banking on the fact that bk wouldn't possibly re-raise with a worse hand, yet he might pay off with a worse one, and will sometimes fold a better one. I think it's brilliant even if it was an accident.

I don't mean to sound cocky, but I've been known to 3-bet in bk's shoes (or fold), but I admit that's over-the-top and mostly for meta-game.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And she's not hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, raising the river for value with bottom pair and getting paid off is pretty hot in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the raise was more for pushing BK off 66+ than it was for value.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:07 PM

Was raising 44 from early position hot?
Old 12-05-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Re: 200/400 bellagio vs liz lieu

Knowing the results of the hand, and having played with her, I DO think she'd have folded if you threebet the river. She 3-bet you lightly because she thought you were playing tight/scared. She raised you on the river trying to get you to fold 66/something similar because she thought you were playing tight/scared. You 3-bet, she turbo mucks.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: 200/400 bellagio vs liz lieu

[ QUOTE ]
Knowing the results of the hand, and having played with her, I DO think she'd have folded if you threebet the river. She 3-bet you lightly because she thought you were playing tight/scared. She raised you on the river trying to get you to fold 66/something similar because she thought you were playing tight/scared. You 3-bet, she turbo mucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent played with her, but this is my thoughts on why shed pop it. Shes rarely getting 3bet, sometimes folding out the best hand...I dont really see how she can call if she gets 3bet. I mean its possible she may, but if shes pulling this move with a weak hand, shes uusally mucking a 3bet.

As far as her hotness, she is nay hot. Not even close, shes got great hair though and a good body. But the face, makes me think HP Lovecraft.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:09 AM

"And she's not hot."

just another gross poker skank. i might shiit on her for kicks but that's about it.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:18 AM

mike l.,

please check out the Crimson Challenge thread in OOT