Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Middle Set - Can I laydown at any point?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Learning to laydown middle sets will save you an awful lot of money. The same goes for k high flushes and underfulls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very generally I agree but I'm not sure in a situation where it's for for less than a pot raise all-in with no info on the guy. Hard and fast rules like "always lay down middle set to a raise" are foolish. Would you lay it down if the all in raise was for five bucks? Clearly there are situations when you shouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are 100% correct, I should have put one more word in my post. It should have read "Learning WHEN to laydown middle sets will save......

Of course I don't laydown middle set every time, however, if I have a decent read on you and you are showing strength, I am laying this down
Old 11-14-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Q: What kind of hand calls the flop and pushes over you on the blank turn in a mid stakes game?

A: One that is either crushing middle set or that is not very far behind.

And that is the worst piece of trash I have seen a 2+2er play from MP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to build a lag image - I doubled up quickly after when I hit a wrap/nut flush draw on the flop and hit my flush on the turn.

Sometimes I'll play around 25 VPIP and others around 45VPIP. I think it's important in Omaha when your opponents actually recognize how many hands you are actually playing to mix it up.

Tears
Old 11-14-2005, 11:36 AM

There is loose, and then there is LOOSE.

9943 from MP suggests a VPIP of 80%+.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:32 PM

So if you got raised on the flop, you would lay down the same as if you got raised on the turn? Clearly there is a difference in getting raised in each spot.

I know this has been said, but about preflop. This is where if you had something like T998, you would at least have outs with a gutshot, in case you were up against top set. Here you don't have anything....