Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 05:28 PM

Default and how do you bet flopped nut str8 with 2 flush cards?

i dont' have a specific hand for this, and i know it comes up alot... what do you guys do when you flopp a nut striaght that is vulnerable...ie... 2 flush cards... or u know 2 pair or a set is out there.....

ever time i bet the pot to drive away the draws.... i get called and sucked out on.....

so should i wait on my nuts, and give people a chance to outdraw me? (im thinking not)

this situation and my other problem with top sets is the 2 main leaks in my otherwise decent game.... i'd like to fix it...

thanks in advance
Old 11-05-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Re: and how do you bet flopped nut str8 with 2 flush cards?

I tend to wait until the turn to get aggressive with my straights, as they are more vulnerable than you probably think they are.

I will typically bet 1/2 the pot post flop. If I get multiple callers and the third flush card hits or the board pairs I check fold. I am making the assumption that these players are half decent, not always something you can count on at lower limits.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:16 PM

I played PLO for the first time last-night (albeit a low buy-in tourney) and was unsure how to play this hand as the short stack OOP.

Reads:
MP plays every hand and not very well. He has been a bit of a luckbox.
SB plays pretty OK.
No read on button (just moved to table).

Stacks:
JerseyTom: 1205
MP2: 6460
Button: 800
SB: 10181

Paradise Poker (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Blinds 75/150
Preflop: JerseyTom is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of 75.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, JerseyTom checks.

Flop: (T600) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, JerseyTom...?

I have 1055 left after posting my BB. Given that this is PLO, the worst odds I can offer anyone are 2:1. However, basic tourney strategy dictates that I can't f*ck around here, right?

Thanks,

Tom
Old 11-05-2005, 12:51 PM

this same situation happens to me alot--I flop straight(with 2 flush on board)--I bet pot--get called by 2 or more and get outdrawn. Same when I flop top trips--but with a straight and flush draw possible.

what I do is to play slow--check and call until the turn, then if no scare card comes, bet the pot or if someone bets before me, then raise the pot. THEN HOPE FOR THE BEST. I play Party Poker $25 P/L and $50 P/L (10 handed--not 6 handed) Alot of these player will call, hoping to get the flush or full house or EVEN an inside st draw. Just hope for the best--you won't win every time--but over the long haul--things will even out.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:22 PM

If you are completely sure MP2(or someone else) will bet, check-raise
If not bet 152, if raised push. push on a safe turn. check-fold otherwise.

i wouldn't want to bet out 600 because then you are crippled if someone calls and a draw hits forcing you to fold.