Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Ebay Safety

I have to agree with the other posters that you need to take some extra precautions with this one. I've been using eBay for 8+ years and have learned the hard way that you really need to be wary of new users with no feedback (particularly for high end electronics). At least the seller is in the US. If this was international all the sirens and warning lights would be going off. Can anyone answer if there is any additional "warm, fuzzy" that you can get by paying with a Postal MO? I only deal with PayPal so I'm not sure what assurances this would provide.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:15 PM

Ask him to take a picture of it with a nickel or something so you can tell he really took it. If he refuses / makes up an excuse, tell him you're not going to pay until you're sure he has the merchandise. And DON'T pay unless you feel secure...at worst you'll get 1 negative feedback...the worst case if you do pay is you're out more than $1000.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ask him to take a picture of it with a nickel or something so you can tell he really has a copy of Photoshop

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Email today

I sent the seller several emails consisting of how I wasn't comfortable sending him a check and I wanted to pay with an escrow services and then today I get this email back

Dear Mat:
It looks like you are not serious regurding this matter and the only other option is for me to relist my item, you were lucky cause i didnt have a paypal account and thats why i didnt get too many bids.
I have got the payment for the other laptop and sent it out today, the auction has closed at 1890$.
i will relist item today and if you dont want me to report item as unpaid then you should agree to paypal me my seller fees and listing fees. other wise i have to request my FVF.
Thanks for your attention.

If I made an effort to try and pay this man through escrow but he never emailed me back about it and then I get this email.....Does it just scream SCAM?
Also, am I liable to pay his fees if I really did try and pay the guy
Old 10-09-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Email today

[ QUOTE ]
Does it just scream SCAM?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Walk away. I see your account is new too, so don't worry about negative feedback from him - you can just start a new account.

If he comes after you for his listing fee, you should probably pay up and put it down to tuition costs. And don't bid on obvious scams in future!