Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Corey from Shooting Star

Hello everyone. This is my first time on this site. I usually post on pocketfives. I have read all the interesting comments that were made in reference to me over the past couple of days. It is interesting to read everyone's take on my play as well as my "tells". I will not try to discredit other opinions but I feel I should at least say a word or two.

First of all, I was in NO WAY trying to be like Gus Hansen. I respect Gus as much as anyone(and by the way he is a very nice guy) and would never embarrass him by trying to mimic him. I was just utiliizing a different strategy than the statue. You say I was giving away tells. However, most of the hands were not televised. The final table lasted five hours. I was there for four. I did the same thing on every hand whether I was holding AA or 23. Point is, by me doing that, I was actually hiding any tells. This strategy worked very well for me for teh last three days of the tourny. I was able to make "play" after "play" because no one could get a read on me.

As far as me "never making a final table again", while that may be true, I think it should be known that I have had a great amount of success playing online poker. I am currently teh 49th ranked online player accourding to pocketfives.com. You can find me playing just about all of the large buy in tournaments under the handle "muchaka". I have made teh final talbe of every 100K or better guaranteed except for paradise which i don't play in. I won my seat to the Main Event and will be there as well.

Anyway, just thought I should put my input in. Good luck to everybody.