Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 10:14 AM

Default Emigrant Direct > ING

Letter sent to those in Gulf area... link

Dear Friend and Valued Customer:

I hope that this email finds you and your loved ones safe and healthy. As witnesses to the terrifying devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina, we at EmigrantDirect want you to know that we are sincerely concerned for you and your neighbors. With this in mind, we have decided to take an unprecedented step that we hope will provide a measure of direct support.

An immediate gift of $1000 per household to each and every one of our customers in the principally affected counties and parishes of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama has been made. The funds have already been deposited directly into our customers' EmigrantDirect accounts and are available for immediate withdrawal.

We hope that this $1,000 gift will offer a meaningful amount of aid at this critical time. For those more fortunate, in the wake of the disaster, we would encourage you to donate these funds to others in your communities less able to rebuild on their own. We believe that no one is in a better position to identify and tend to the needs of Hurricane Katrina's victims than those who survived the storm themselves and call the Delta region home.

You can reach EmigrantDirect at 800-836-1997 from 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM (Central Time), 7 days a week. For those customers affected by Hurricane Katrina that have limited access to the Internet, EmigrantDirect stands ready to process any and all of your transaction requests via telephone. If you are having difficulty accessing your local bank, please call. We are ready to arrange alternative means to deliver your money to you, free of charge, as necessary.

All members of our Emigrant community know and appreciate-on a personal basis- that this event calls for a nationwide response to assist each and every one of those affected by the hurricane. We stand ready to assist you with your banking needs and extend our prayers for better days ahead.

Sincerely,

Howard P. Milstein
Co-Chairman, President and CEO
Emigrant Savings Bank
Emigrant Bancorp, Inc.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Emigrant Direct > ING

A great gesture, I love Emigrant.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Emigrant Direct > ING

I knew I made the right decision in going with them over ING. Good job Emigrant Direct.

I love it when companies do things like this.