Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker Help

Meh, seems within the standard range. I'm guessing this is $3/6? How many hands is the downswing over?

I'm afraid I don't know of many metrics for measuring how well you're running; you might want to check your WSD and W$SD together to see if you're losing more hands by showdown.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:21 PM

That PFR is really low and W$SD is really high. I would expect that to mean you are folding too much after the flop. Need your full stats to say more but stat posts aren't that useful anyway. You should read and post in HUSH though if your playing 3/6 6max.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-31-2005, 02:25 PM

ok heres the thing ...

My downswing has occured over the last 1200 hands playing mostly 2/4 6max, I am down about 430 bucks

When I apply a filter based on excessions suggestions of determining your core hands (Ones which win the most money) It tells me I would be up 150 bucks instead of down 430 if I had just played my best 30 core hands. Could this be right? When done for my total database of hands it would seem I have lost over 4 grand in profit this way.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:42 PM

If you only played your premium hands, you would become a rock.

Other players would steal your blinds liberally, and whenever you decided to open raise with your AA-QQ everyone else would fold.

You need to learn how to play your less than premium hands as well, so that you will also get some action from the table with your good hands.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:47 PM

OK, so I finally searched and found what this 'excession' thing is. You should have provided it initially. For those interested, it's here.

Here's what it says:

[ QUOTE ]
Core ‘always play’ hands
Any pair
AKs-A9s
KQs-KJs
AKo-AJo
KQo

Marginal hands
A8s-A6s
KTs-K8s
QJs-Q9s
JTs-J9s
Any other one or two-gap suited connector (except 42s)
KJo-K8o
ATo-A6o
QJo

Junk
The rest!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've filtered your hands to just the 'core' group, and it shows a massive profit, you may be having a hard time playing marginal hands. I find it really hard to believe that your profit would increase 1000%, though.

That said, there are some issues with this list. AQs-A9s, KJs, AQo-AJo, KQo, and small PP are not "always play". K9o-K8o are usually junk, as are A8o-A6o. Finally, A5s-A2s can certainly be played in the right circumstances, as can Kxs (x<8) and JTo.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HOLY CRAP!!! I don't know if this is right or not. So I need your input. I created a filter following excessions criteria for my core hands. with no filter I am up 720 bucks. When I filter to show how I would have done if I only played my core hands including blinds it says I should be up 4850. Is this right? Have I lost over 4 grand because I play bad cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess its possible if you play really crappy cards. What is your %flop?
Old 08-31-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, so I finally searched and found what this 'excession' thing is. You should have provided it initially. For those interested, it's here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The core group isn't the list that he presents, it is the list that you arrive at by the process he describes. It makes sense to me that if you ignore all your crappy hands, you're going to have tremendous profits on paper, but I think that disregards losses from blinds where you don't get core/marginal hands. It also disregards any win/loss you might incur choosing to play a hand classified as junk from the blinds (or any other situation for that matter).
Old 09-01-2005, 08:10 AM

Link I think you may have possibly hit the nail right on the head. I have the blind status selected as doesn't matter. I am thinking this means it doesn't matter if I have these premium hands in the blinds or not. But as you said doesn't take into account when I have crappy cards int he blinds and just fold. That would account for the HUGE difference in profit. I am not a loose player at all so that's why I found these numbers surprising.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:03 AM

Ok I just confirmed with Pat. My filter with Core Hands Including Blinds did not take into account junk hands in the blinds.

So I created a filter which gave me all Junk hands in blinds. This showed a loss of about 4900, My core hand winnings would have been 5900 so I should have made roughly 1000. My true win rate is 750 so I have lost out on 250. Seems much more reasonable.