Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: trent lott loses home...

FishAndChips, please read the "Welcome" at the top of the forum, giving special attention to the guidelines for posting.

Name-calling does nothing to advance your positions nor does it provide material for further progress in discussion--plus it can tend to derail a thread somewhat, so please don't do it.

Thank you.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:55 PM

I think from reading this thread we can see why we hear the term "compassionate conservative" but never hear the term "compassionate liberal." [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
trent lott; one of america's best senators

[/ QUOTE ]

Post of the Day!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think from reading this thread we can see why we hear the term "compassionate conservative" but never hear the term "compassionate liberal."

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize you're joking but 'compassionate liberal' is redundant and 'campassionate conservative' is an oxymoron [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think from reading this thread we can see why we hear the term "compassionate conservative" but never hear the term "compassionate liberal."

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize you're joking but 'compassionate liberal' is redundant and 'campassionate conservative' is an oxymoron [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not joking, but it doesn't surprise me that you don't understand what real compassion is. Liberal compassion is the phony kind... "Lets pretend we are for the people, while we lead them into dependency on government handouts."

Real compassion, compassionate conservatism, is to help all people of whatever class or ethnicity to succeed by bringing equality of opportunity and minimal government interference in their lives.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not joking, but it doesn't surprise me that you don't understand what real compassion is. Liberal compassion is the phony kind... "Lets pretend we are for the people, while we lead them into dependency on government handouts."

Real compassion, compassionate conservatism, is to help all people of whatever class or ethnicity to succeed by bringing equality of opportunity and minimal government interference in their lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unwind son. You seem to enjoy simplifying things by applying generic labels. Neither conservatives nor liberals can be painted with such a broad brush.

Freud claimed that people stereotype when they have low self-esteem. There are many resources online if you were to seek help for low self-esteem. If you have any questions you may PM me.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] trent lott; one of america's best senators and great all time politician suffered personal loss when his beachfront home in pascagoula, miss. was destroyed in recent hurricane...

what a terrible thing to happen to such an outstanding top-notch individual...

maybe we should start a trent lott relief fund on 2 + 2..

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we had voted for Strom Thurmond, this never would have happened.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: trent lott loses home...goshed..

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] you are actually quoting freud as an authority: well he was on cocaine; and totally erroneous statements concerning female sexuality; among other things: hey; it was worth getting up today:

hey,; someone actually feels freud is an authority...lol

gl

jmho

think about it

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: trent lott loses home....

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] poppa: hey you got it...

you're absolutely correct;

but i would never post such a thing:

a canadien would just call me a racist:

yup;

that's the truth: south carolina was a lot better off with strom and his organization than with there two republican , low-seniority, senators we got now;

no clout with strom thurmond gone

think about it:

gl

jmho

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 01:05 AM

Large segments of the population categorize themselves as liberals, conservatives, and moderates. Generalization applies in the political context.

Attributing low self-esteem to anyone who criticizes liberalism seems like a brilliant ploy to devalue such criticism. Sort of like calling someone a racist if they aren't a liberal. Such ploys are a sign of low self-esteem. PM me if you need some help with your esteem issues or with your perceptions of liberalism. I can help. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]