Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Some 50/100 hands. mostly boring

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2 I dont like. I know its tough to give him a real hand since his open limp shouldnt hit that board very often, but it just seems like too much action with a bad hand. If he limped with a suited ace he isnt folding to your checkraise, and he might even get stuborn with a king. These guys live to call down, especially around the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if we can decide he wont fold Acelittle it's def a bad play. If i was watching this hand play out and i wondered what percentage of the time a player will fold acelittle there i'd guess at about 20%. So given he could have Acebig and KingRandom it was a bad play. He told me he had K6s and then said 'i smelt you had bad cards', i asked if he has some type of new internet service that sends you smells and he told me to shut up and improve my game.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3 is just a uncomfotable spot, and I dont think there is any right or wrong way to play it. Sometimes I check call the turn, sometimes I check fold, and sometimes I bet. I think your line is good as a default. Im kinda torn between betting and checking the river. He didnt three bet you out of the bb, so it makes it a little less likely he has an ace or a small pair he wants to show down. Im thinking K9 K10 109 are fairly likely so a check call is better VS those hands, but there are certainly some worse hands he could call with that he will check behind so Im not sure. I could go either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm reallly struggling to read this hand because i can't remember the last time i was HU button vs blind or blind vs blind and the flop and turn were just called. It seems like he has 44 or weak ace. So i like the river bet. The turn though since it seems to always be getting raised there once they call the flop i should be considering going bet-call-call with ace high against many draws.

He had TJo and got the max.

Thanks for all the replies.