Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 08:08 PM

Default KK on the button. Yes, I tuck....

Very tight 9 handed 100NL FTP game. I'm fully loaded, villain in MP has me covered. He is very standard and methinks peddles the nuts. I have plenty of hands on him. He loves to check a set on the turn. He has CRd me a couple times in the past, and he's always been good. However, he might see me as weak as I am the only one on that site that seems to know how to fold. One final note, he would DEF. reraise AA here preflop.

From MP he raises to $4. I reraise to $13 with the KK of death. He calls after some thought. I think that narrows him down to 4 hands personally.

Flop ($27) QJ3 rainbow.

Check check.

Turn ($27) QJ34

Check check.

River ($27) QJ346 rainbow

Bet $11, call.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: KK on the button. Yes, I tuck....

Go with your reads, I guess, but sometimes I think players are too sure of their opponents tendencies.

I'd probably bet the turn, if not the flop. If he's a true nut peddler and he raises, you know what to do.

Ryan
Old 09-13-2005, 08:13 PM

At first my reaction was weak tight to the flop check.

More I think about it, the more I like it. He CR's a set here, and you're going to lose a lot when he does.

Turn check is meh. I don't think he'd check a set twice, and you don't want to give him 2 free cards. However, AQ is probably the only hand that calls here that you beat. And nut peddlers usually dont call reraises preflop with AQ.

River is goot.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:14 PM

I am betting the flop here 100% of the time
Old 09-13-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And nut peddlers usually dont call reraises preflop with AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-13-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am betting the flop here 100% of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I actually think that is where a lot of people lose their lunch with a big pair, betting when you think you have to because you're a proud TAG. If I bet this flop substancially, and he calls, I'm obviously beat, I'm obviously checking the turn, and I'm obviously priced to call almost anything on the river.

Disagree?

-JOTR
Old 09-13-2005, 08:36 PM

Your pre-flop action defined your hand. He knows what you've got, and he also knows that a lot of people will go all the way with what you've got on that flop. So bet and give him a chance to fold. You don't even have to bet full pot, 1/2 to 2/3 should be fine. If he flat calls, I am not putting another cent in that pot unimproved.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:20 PM

Flop - why not raise about 20 here?

Turn - raise here, what are you waiting for?

River - raise 15-20.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your pre-flop action defined your hand. He knows what you've got, and he also knows that a lot of people will go all the way with what you've got on that flop. So bet and give him a chance to fold. You don't even have to bet full pot, 1/2 to 2/3 should be fine. If he flat calls, I am not putting another cent in that pot unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on, we both know this isnt true. Turn will go check check, he'll bet 1/4-1/2 pot on river, and you will have to call. I like the flop check. Turn check is a little weak. Bet 1/2-2/3 pot. He'll likely check to you on river and if he doesnt thats bad news anyway.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:40 PM

wow, this is so weak tight, you need to bet the flop, the villan isnt always going to have a set when he checks to u, your gonna end up giving way to many free cards to this villan unless u have the stone nuts, just bet the same amount you normally would on the flop, if he calls u might have reason to put him on a set, as of now u dont have any information other than a check which could mean basically anything