Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Bankroll Help

So last december I bought in Party Poker for $50 and began playing 2/4. In the next three weeks I was up $1400, and cashed my winnings out.

I waited a month and then purchased back in for $100. Began playing 2/4 and $5+1 or $10+1 tournys. I've suffered what I could consider a string of bad beats. I've purchased back in for $100 four times since then and run though my money each time.

My question is about bank roll. If I want to play 2/4 how much should I be buying in for? I heard 300bb which is $1200, that seems like a huge amount. Should I buy in at $100 and play only .50/1? Should I dabble in tournaments or stick to money tables? I'm new to this, and want to make sure I end up on the plus side. Any advice is good, thank you.

Greg
Old 03-12-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Bankroll Help

#1. You posted in the wrong forum.

#2. For SSNL you should have 10-15x the max buy-in at the table.

#3. For limit you should have roughly 300-400x Big Bets as a bank roll. If you have $100 you shouldn't be playing .5/1... You should buy in for $300 and play .5/1.

#4. I'm almost convinved online sites make you win big at the beginning so you can throw it all back + more. Due to this I suggest you study lots and only play in live games before you take up online too seriously. I also suggest multi-tabling online to increase your # of BBs per hour or bbs per hundred hands.

Good luck!
Old 03-12-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
#4. I'm almost convinved online sites make you win big at the beginning so you can throw it all back + more.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the above sentence is not sarcastic, it's asinine.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:42 PM

Its asinine... but that aside, all my info looks good to me.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:59 PM

I apologize for posting in the wrong forum. New to this and didn't see the limit/no limit SS distinction.