Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 01:35 PM

Default wild live plo8 hand

this is from a live 4-handed mixed game

blinds were $.25/$.5 and average stack was around $100

I think I was in the SB, but I'm not sure.

I have 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop action is call, call, complete, call

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, BB checks, CO checks, Button bets $2, I call, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, CO checks, Button bets $8, I call, CO raises to $40, Button raises all-in, I call ...

Both Button and CO cover me, my stack is about $80. What odds do you want to call here? You can assume that CO will call all-in since he will be getting great odds.

From preflop action I know no-one has A2 and probably no A3, so they are probably both on high hands with maybe a crappy emergency low draw.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: wild live plo8 hand

You played this hand terribly. And why are you in pre-flop with 53J9, one of the worst hands possible?
Old 09-25-2005, 01:57 PM

I guess I left out of my OP that this was a very LAG 4-handed game. I would limp with almost any hand from the SB.

If you think I played it terribly, I'd like to here why. What hands do you put others on? What are my odds, etc.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I left out of my OP that this was a very LAG 4-handed game. I would limp with almost any hand from the SB.

If you think I played it terribly, I'd like to here why. What hands do you put others on? What are my odds, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, let me ask you ... what are you trying to make with 53J9? Yes, you're in the small blind, but I dont think this hand is worth .01, whether its 1 handed or 10,478 handed. Your 53 will rarley win the low, and will often turn a vunerable nut or 2nd nut hand. Also, when you do turn your hand with the 53, a low will always be possible, in which you will only get 1/2 the pot. Your J9c is your best combo, and even that will turn hands that are very vunerable and ones you shouldnt be excited with. Your other combos arent worth mentioning. Yes, I know, theres only 4 players, and since you left that out I exaggerated how bad your play was, but in this situation, I think its best to get out of the hand early before getting into further trouble.

BTW, knowing what position you were in is extremley important. Also, I havent looked too much on your postflop play, but at first glance, it seems alright.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think this hand is worth .01, whether its 1 handed or 10,478 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never fold my SB 1-handed. I rarely play 10,478-handed as it is a nut peddlers game and boring.

Old 09-25-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I havent looked too much on your postflop play, but at first glance, it seems alright.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, you're ripping the OP for a pre-flop "mistake" of $0.25 and then admit to not having spent much thought on his postflop play which is the decision for his entire stack.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:08 PM

I just talked with someone from the game last night who refresehed my memory. (It was very late when I typed the original post, but now my actions my more sense.) Here is the correct action:

[ QUOTE ]
this is from a live 4-handed mixed game

blinds were $.25/$.5 and average stack was around $100

My stack around $75
SB's stack around $100
Button's stack around $65

I am BB.

I have 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop action is call, call, complete, call

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, I checks, CO checks, Button bets $2, everyone calls.

Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets $10, I call, CO folds, Button raises to $50, SB moves all-in (approximately $50 more), I call all-in

What odds do you want to call here? You can assume that CO will call all-in since he will be getting great odds.

From preflop action I know no-one has A2 and probably no A3, so they are probably both on high hands with maybe a crappy emergency low draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-25-2005, 05:17 PM

just to clarify...

pot going into flop: $2 (button bets pot at $2)
pot going into turn: $10 (SB leads out for pot at $10)
pot after Button's call: $40 (Button repots it for $40 more, or $50 straight)

assuming everyone puts in the $40 more from Button's turn raise, Button has $15ish left, Hero/OP has $25ish left, and SB has both covered.

if we assume Button will call his remaining $15, the specific odds that Hero/OP is getting is:

($120 + $15 + $25) -to- ($40 + $25)
=
$160-to-$65
= about 2.5-to-1

aseem
Old 09-25-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I havent looked too much on your postflop play, but at first glance, it seems alright.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, you're ripping the OP for a pre-flop "mistake" of $0.25 and then admit to not having spent much thought on his postflop play which is the decision for his entire stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

His post flop play is completely irrelevant if he can't fold J953 preflop for any bet whatsoever. It's a terrible hand that just asks to get in all sorts of trouble. This is why you fold it preflop. So you can't get into the habit of "peeling another card"
Old 09-25-2005, 09:21 PM

I made a mistake in the OP. I was actually in the BB, so I didn't have to pay anything to see the flop. But even if I was in the SB I might have called just because this was a crazy game with friends. Does anyone have anything to say about postflop, which is more interesting?