Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2004, 02:11 PM

Default Approaching an all-in BB, how good of hand do you need?

Live MTT, down to 15 people (8 on my table, 7 on the other). Top 10 get paid (but good money is in 1-5 as 5-10 basically get your buy-in back and maybe a little extra). In this tourney, the blinds at this point are rediculously high compared to the stacks. Except for maybe 1 or 2 stacks, a call of the BB is all in. As a result, bubble tightness has seriously set in. I am UTG+2 and have the exact amount of a BB.

I hold A5o. Is this worth a call in the hopes that I am going up against the ramdom hand in the BB? Should I wait to see two more hands plus my forced bet on the BB if nothing worth playing shows up?

I've consistently made the final table in this tourney by being very tight, which means I am usually very short once I am there and get the little money as the blinds are so huge, so I am trying to ramp up my aggression to try to get into the bigger money.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Approaching an all-in BB, how good of hand do you need?

You have to put it all-in right here. You can't really wait for a better hand and if you win this pot you at least double up. There's no question. Push 'em in.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Approaching an all-in BB, how good of hand do you need?

well i'd think it would depend on if another player came into the hand..if your first to act..i'd probably say go in...but if someone already came in...i don't think the odds are good..because someone could have came in with an A and a good kicker. or small pockets... and because the blinds are so big the big blind is already in...so instead of heads up u have a 3rd wheel to deal with...so i'd say wait...but that's just me...
Old 06-26-2004, 05:06 PM

Default Additional Info

Sorry, that was indeed very important information that I left out. It was folded to me so I would be first voluntarily in the pot. Also, the BB is one of the few stacks with over the BB amount, so the SB couldn't complete and not face more bets.