Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 04:41 PM

Default 1/2 nl live

effective stack sizes:

hero: ~150$
villain: ~400$

villain is to my right and has raised every hand the past 15 hands, is very aggressive and has shown many bluffs called to showdown...

i'm dealt 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button, and like clockwork villain makes it 7$. i call, and so do 3 others.

flop (32$ after rake):

4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

checked to villain who bets 20$, i think and make it 50$. all folds but villain, whom calls.

turn (131$ after rake):

[4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

he checks, i check

river:

[4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i really really hoped he hit something here, but he checked i made it 80$ he laid it down after saying nice flush.

my real question is my turn action. i feel as if i should've bet, but earlier when i bet 45$ on the turn after raising to 50$ on a semi bluff after missing my flush he laid it down, so i thought he woulda tossed away his A7o or some crap like that.

don't question my preflop play.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: 1/2 nl live

Isn't this a case of hindsight being 20/20. The turn check is fine especially given the chips you have left. He probably had zilch and would've folded no matter what. He's just being a donkey w his comment.

You've got 95 left on a 130 pot on the turned boat. Options as I see them,
1)check
2)same size(50)

If you like to act and he watches, you could'a tried something fancy like,
3) glance at your chips and say with a little bit of strength, "30".
The bet doesn't make sense but that might be all you need to send this guy into bluff mode. It is live, after all.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:52 PM

There is no question on your pre-flop play: It sucked. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But since you asked, no way villain has you on those rags. You should push the turn and make it look like you are pushing out a draw since it is highly unlikely villain is on a draw. Your turn check screams flush draw and your river bet validates it.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no question on your pre-flop play: It sucked. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But since you asked, no way villain has you on those rags. You should push the turn and make it look like you are pushing out a draw since it is highly unlikely villain is on a draw. Your turn check screams flush draw and your river bet validates it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah ur right. either what RED FACE said to get more money in, or exactly what you said. it seems transparent that i was on the flush draw.

thanks for the advice