Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2005, 11:28 PM

Default 10/20 this felt awkward...

CO is 47/38 Button is 59/7 not enough hands for agg factors.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds.

HU I call this down but I'm feeling that with two opponents commited on the turn its a waste. who calls this down or takes a different line entirely?

Edit: I would have loved a raise somewhere in the hand as it would have made me much more comfortable folding, with these two opponents I really didnt know where I stood after I reconsidered their possible holdings.

-Brad
Old 03-19-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Re: 10/20 this felt awkward...

id throw one more bet out there on the turn. against a CO with these maniac numbers its very possible that he doesnt have an ace. if you bet the turn and they both call then you can check fold. your line is weak.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:49 PM

I'd like to see a showdown, there is no way i'm folding this for 1 bet on the turn. Is check/calling down the turn too passive/weak?
Old 03-19-2005, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your line is weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I thought. I really would have prefered someone raise the flop or fold the flop. Against 1 opponent i almost always bet out the turn if he didnt raise the flop, against 2 I felt somewhat unsure.

-Brad
Old 03-19-2005, 11:53 PM

i dont like check-calling down here, because you lose the same as if you just bet the hand yourself. if you are raised, you can safely muck and move on. by checking the turn youre risking a free card when ahead. also, if you bet the turn and both opponents call, you can safely check-fold the river in most situations. and, if you are raised on the turn you only lose 1BB instead of the 2 that you would have lost with your line.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:01 AM

It's probably pretty close either way. I'd bet and feel safer about folding but I woulda folded in the same spot you did as well if that's the line I took. I like the bet, but I like to bet :-)

I think folding to a turn raise or check-folding after a turn bet is much more surefire here though.