Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2004, 12:35 AM

Default Weak tight play with AA?

I know 5/10 doesnt qualify as high limit but i really wanted to hear what the best limit players had to say about this hand.

Background is basically that I have been dominating the table and im not sure anyone is paying enough attention to know what my image may be. Table is full of calling stations, loose and weak preflop, very few raises and fewer reraises.

8 handed 5/10

hero A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in small blind
EP raises 10
MP 2 calls 10
BUTTON raies 15
HERO caps it at 20
EP calls (allin)
MP calls
BUTTON calls

3 active players to the flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

HERO bets 5, MP raises 10, BUTTON raises 15, HERO caps it and all call

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

HERO bets 10, MP calls, BUTTON raises 20, HERO and MP call

River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

HERO checks MP checks BUTTON bets 10 all call

Results will follow.

Basically my thinking was that button, who rarely raised and loved to call, was holding KK and had hit his set on the flop, when he raised the turn I elected not to reraise because due to the amount of action i seriously feared a set, was not reraising the turn and check calling the river weak tight? Thanks in advance to everyone who replies to this post.

-Brad
Old 10-17-2004, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Weak tight play with AA?

It's a little player dependant but I'm three betting the turn most of the time. Not too many guys will play 3 kings that fast on flop, even with the flush draw out there.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:50 AM

If I were to put hands on anyone I would put the Button on AK and everyone else on hands that dont top you're rockets.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:55 AM

You would have called on the turn or made it 3 bets? If i put the button on AK then I would think I should make it 3 bets to go...
Old 10-17-2004, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You would have called on the turn or made it 3 bets? If i put the button on AK then I would think I should make it 3 bets to go...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're asking me, yes, I would have 3-bet the turn probobly. But calling wasnt a HUGE mistake.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:15 AM

"i really wanted to hear what the best limit players had to say about this hand".......Is not the reason I'm responding here. Just giving my take.

"button, who rarely raised and loved to call"

Your read and his action puts him on AA-KK or AK. If he doesn't like to raise and has bet and raised into you after you capped twice, AKc here is the only AK he can play this strong. I find that your frist instinct is usually right in thses spots. Your line of cap, cap, bet/call and ch/call is about as strong as you can reasonbly play that hand there.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:49 AM

His hand is a dead tossup between AK and KK. Because of the overlay you get with the other player in the hand it's better to charge him by raising the turn. If the button caps then checkcall river.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:32 AM

You need better player descriptions here, but given what you said about the table in general, I'd put EP on AK, Button on KK (or A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])

Pray they both have AK, and take down a nice pot. If EP wasn't involved in this hand on the flop and afterward I'd seriously read Button for KK, but because he's cold calling, I'd have to put him on a king too, thus making it less likely for Button to have two Kings...but heck you never know.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:24 PM

:quote: If EP wasn't involved in this hand on the flop and afterward I'd seriously read Button for KK, but because he's cold calling, I'd have to put him on a king too, thus making it less likely for Button to have two Kings... :quote:

Yeah that is kind of what I was thinking after the fact and what caused me to make this post. Ill post results below...
Old 10-17-2004, 02:32 PM

Default RESULTS...

BUTTON shows K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] a pair of kings.
HERO shows A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] a pair of aces.
EP doesnt show T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] a pair of tens.
MP doesn't show 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] a pair of sixes.

HERO wins $153.75 from side pot #1 with a pair of aces.
HERO wins $76.50 from the main pot with a pair of aces.

Definately not what I expected but it was certainly a nice suprise.

-Brad