Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2004, 04:55 PM

Default Biggest Losing Session Question (no hand content)

This is a question primarily for the 10/20 SH players on this forum but for everyone in general as well. I know all the theoretical and statistical information on acceptable losses but I am curious to see how it pans out online.

Please post the limit played, amount lost, and the approx. time period/#hands. Thanks in advance to all who reply.

-Brad
Old 12-19-2004, 07:16 PM

Default Why I Ask....

I suppose I should have mentioned why I ask this question. I just had my biggest losing session last night at around 2000 hands and 130bb. That seemed rather large to me, however, I had been coming off a 3500 hand run over the past few days with a 180BB up swing. Previously I had never had such a large single session downswing and I was wondering if others had experienced similar swings.

Edit: This is all while playing SH 10/20

-Brad
Old 12-19-2004, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Biggest Losing Session Question (no hand content)

If this game is 10/20 6m on Party, 130BB in 2000 hands is not something to stress about if you've beaten the game for a long time. I cannot remember the last time I've lost that much that quickly, but I've definitely done 90 or 100 in that amount of hands. If you look back in my journals over the Summer I bet I had at least one session where I lost that much over the course of 2000 hands (so that'd be ~5.5 hours of 4 tabling)
Old 12-19-2004, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Biggest Losing Session Question (no hand content)

Yeah it is the PP 10/20 6max. It is reassuring to hear that from you though it was pretty much what I expected. When I looked at my stats in pokertracker a lot of the losses came with my best hand values, QQ KK AK AQ even AA and so I cant really fault anything but luck, and possibly continuing with AK a little too often after a missed flop headsup. I immediately went back and reread the playing overcards chapter of SSH and if I had a problem hopefully I have corrected it.

I think the fact that over the past 10k 6max hands I had a ~5BB/hr winrate may have given me a bit too much confidence with my overcards and in my ability to "outplay" opponents on any given board.

Thanks for your help.

-Brad