Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2004, 03:08 AM

Default NoFold\'emHold\'em

I have the feeling this was not a good play, though its the kind of thing I tend to do with what seems to be consistent success. Im not sure how I would check my true success rate in poker tracker and until I figure out how I will continue to go with percieved success.

10/20 5handed Hero is CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP calls Hero raises BB calls MP calls everyone else folds. 3 to the flop for 3.25bb 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] BB checks MP bets hero calls BB folds. 4.25BB Turn J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] MP thinks for a long time and bets hero pauses for a second and raises MP calls. 8.25BB River 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] MP checks hero bets MP folds.

Basically my read on the player was that he liked to bet into the raiser regardless of his two cards on the flop. When he finally bet the turn I felt pretty confident he was holding something like A7 or a weak Q. I also had seen him give up a couple times in similar situations on both the turn and river which is what made me go ahead with the play.

I was getting odds to call the turn bet assuming that he had Qx 50% of the time and A7 50% of the time I figured I had 3 combined outs from the times that spiking the aces would be good and the times that spiking a ten would be good and I had 9 nut flush outs as well. My question I suppose then is would I have been better off calling than trying to run this play? I was planning on folding the river to a bet if unimproved.

-Brad