Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: ONLINE POKER IS 100% RIGGED

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard all the money made by NASA selling photo-rights for the faked Apollo moon missions is being used to set-up poker sites with the sole purpose of funding another fake mission to Mars. Of course this is only idle hearsay and I'd be very happy to see some EVIDENCE.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is quite possible...but why would they need funding for a FAKE mission to Mars, hmmmm????

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2005, 08:19 PM

one SNG I got dealt AA 4 times!!!

Almost sent me packing when they got cracked twice, scored a small pot, and one medium pot. Definately rigged!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:25 PM

You'll like this:

Proof That Online Poker is Rigged
Old 06-13-2005, 11:35 PM

Dan,
Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Al
Old 06-14-2005, 01:46 AM

With all due respect....If you can't spell 'naive' or 'gullible' correctly....how can I take your reasoning
seriously???
Old 06-14-2005, 02:03 AM

http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/
http://skepdic.com/pear.html
http://www.experiencefestival.com/pr...alies_research

Not to be insulting but your 'googling' skills might need some work.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:22 AM

Ive been playing at Poker Room for about 6 months, and I have to say I agree with the original poster. I dont think its rigged against any one person, I think its rigged to encourage action and large second best hand losses. And it is. You all can say , oh what an idiot, learn how to play all you want. Ive requested my hand history from Poker Room on numerous occasions, and they will not give it to me. I have suffered so many unbeleivable losses that I am convinced they deal one great hand, and one hand that is just slightly greater than that one. Its so obvious, all you have to do is pay attention. At Poker Room, every third flop is suited, and every other flop, comes an ace.
Some examples of my losses here we go, and not a word of a lie here, these ALL happened.

Loss 1. This was my first inkling of the "two great hands theory". I was dealt pocket kings. Flop was king seven queen. I immediately went all in, and I was called. My opponent was holding queen four, and he was MY ONLY opponent. Turn came queen, ok I think, no problem Im still way ahead and he needs an absolute miracle to beat me. River turns queen. Right then and there, I thought this has to be rigged. NO WAY I HIT KINGS OVER, AND GET BEAT BY RUNNER RUNNER RUNNER QUEENS, ON A CALL WITH QUEEN FOUR.

Hand 2. This one had occured on numerous occasions. I would say at the very least, 5 times, and probably closer to ten times. Dealt Ace whatever suited. Flop the flush. Winner 99.999999999999999999999999999% of the time. Once again, all in after flop. Flop was queen four seven spades. I WAS CALLED WITH JACK FOUR UNSUITED. Imagine my exuberance when I saw what this weak weak player called with. Instant double up. HOLD ON. Turn is jack, ok so he lucks out two pair, no problem. River, jack, hmmmmm, yet another absolute miracle river card. Alright I say, this happens on occasion, suck it up and move ahead. Unfortunately, I have fallen victim to this EXACT scenario a few more times since, as stated above.

3. Ace jack dealt. Opponent goes all in, I call. He has Ace jack. Split pot right? Not quite, he hits a four card flush.Most of the other players agree with me when I mention that that hand was bs.

Those are just a couple of examples, trust me though, I have taken at the very least 50 of these types of beats. And I would wager its closer too 100.
I am an experienced player, I play only good hands, Ace Eight and up mostly. I see the flop on pocket pairs, and bet from there. I VERY RARELY GO ALL IN, UNLESS ITS FORCED ON ME.
I play one out of every 20 or so hands I would estimate. I lose with the better hand, 75% of the time.
This very evening, I played ONE hand at a table, was given diamonds and hit the flush. I was against one other player, my flush was queen high. This was probably the first hand in thirty that I deemed playable. Imagine my disgust when he turned over a king high flush. Indeed, once again, this happens quite often in poker. I understand that. But, the odds are pretty high against my opponent having my flush beat. And it happens to me at least once at EVERY table I sit at.
I would estimate, that out of every 20 hands I deem playable, I either get rivered or badly beaten on 15 of them. By badly beaten I mean I flop a straight, make a large bet, and someone has either a slightly higher straight, or a four card flush will hit, whatever it is.
The norm for me is to have this person beaten, and they hit some miracle bs 2% river card to make thier hand. Way too often this happens.
And dont give me this, "you see way more hands online"[censored]. I play tourneys, and I see the same amount of hands as I do live, only faster.
I have been playing holdem for some 12 years now, and I can honestly say I have had more incredibly miracle losses in 6 months on Poker Room than I have had live in 20 years of all kinds of poker play.
Now, I dont give a flying [censored] if you believe me or not. If I play one hand at one table, and I watch 5 people before me get knocked out on bad beats, then I flop a flush, and someone rivers a full house, you cannot tell me this happens over and over live. Once in a while, sure, but over and over, NO WAY.
You pay a fee to play a tourney. Once you are OFF that table, you must pay another fee to play again. Therefore, in order to maximize their profits, poker rooms want the players, regardless of who they are, off the table quicker. Dealing a flush on the flop, with a river full house, will most likely eliminate a player from the table. I have witnessed this FAR TOO OFTEN to think the cards dealt at this poker room are 100% random.
They may be unpredictable, and they may be shuffled one million times, but that does NOT mean they are 100% random.
Im not some dumbass who suffered one bad beat then said oh its rigged. Like I said before, it has taken hundreds of large bet losses on incredibly UNLIKELY miracle turn and river cards for me to come too this conclusion.
If Poker Room would supply me with my hand history, I could prove beyond a doubt my theory.
I tried playing at a different room, one that claims they have the best shuffle on the internet. Absolute poker. I played there for 4 days. I managed to come out with a good amount of profit. BUT, I believe I should have had more. One day I played, I had 3 nut flushes rivered by full houses. Once again, tourney tables, so the same number of hands as live, except faster. I wont play there again.
One thing I do find interesting about Poker Room. When the table is down to about 3 or 4 players, my cards improve tenfold. Face cards or ace on almost every deal. Usually, if you get too the end of the hand, you will notice, ace ten, ace nine, and king jack. I dont think so.
Anyways, I would much rather be dealt 27 and fold, than get pocket kings with 3 players left, only to go all in, to find pocket aces on the table. Happens WAY TOO MUCH.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop the flush. Winner 99.999999999999999999999999999% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't believe in numbers the same way I do.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think its rigged against any one person, I think its rigged to encourage action and large second best hand losses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to Texas Hold'em!
Old 06-16-2005, 03:08 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Closed Thread