Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Couple of independent $22+2 hands

I hate a reraise here. Pushing and calling both seem OK to me, but reraising seems to cause nothing but trouble.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:04 PM

I agree, I don't remember mentioning re-raising at all though? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually this isn't quite true.

[/ QUOTE ]Which part?
[ QUOTE ]
By ICM if the first guy calls (let's assume he will, because he was the one who raised) you would need his original raise to be in the region of 88+, AQo+, AJs+. That's quite loose for an UTG raise.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't know about quite loose. And, I'd bet that quite a few people in the 22s will also raise UTG with KQs, and probably some other random holdings.

[ QUOTE ]
If he calls with AKs or whatever, it's not as good for you as you might think.

[/ QUOTE ]If he calls with AKs, it's OK. Maybe not as good as it would be if he folded, but still good.
[ QUOTE ]
Pot odds aren't always the whole equation. (If you are called you have to be win 47%-ish of the time)

[/ QUOTE ]Well, TT wins >50% against two unpaired overcards. The question is what mix of overcards and overpairs will be actually be making the call with.

Still, I maintain that given these pot odds, I'd be happy with a real coin flip.