Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Jeff W vs. Sthief09 vs. Surfbullet vs. Schneids (Long Transcript)

[ QUOTE ]
I can't decide if I really like SurfBullet's line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty effective against me. A pair of 2s is going to get bet on the river and the only way to win an extra bet from a draw/bluff(like 97 undercards har har) is to go for a river checkraise.

His line should also serve to make me think twice about pounding him every time we're HU, but unfortunately for him he didn't follow up on this and allowed me to take the post flop initiative over and over later in the match.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

His line should also serve to make me think twice about pounding him every time we're HU, but unfortunately for him he didn't follow up on this and allowed me to take the post flop initiative over and over later in the match.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the idea...but as you said, I lost whatever metagame benefits I had by repeatedly letting you have the initiative. At first I had realized that you would bet far more hands than you would call with, but I took it too far - rope a dope works until you start to wonder whether you are actually the dope.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Surprisingly I felt confident when I was playing against Jeff - but he may have been lying about some of the hands he claimed to have when I made what I thought was a good laydown, etc. If that's the case then he was pushing me around pretty thoroughly, I can't wait to DL this and find out what his hole cards were [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It was Josh. who gave me fits. After he bluff-4bet my bluff bet-3bet in a huge pot on the river and got me to lay down A-hi I went on complete monkey tilt and blew 80BB or so. Fortunately that was $80, but still, I should SERIOUSLY be able to maintain some composure in that type of situation.

Edit: FWIW I think aside from a few hands early on I played terribly this session. I was wayyyy too passive and adjusted in bad ways - throwing random, senseless acts of aggression in alongside non-stop passive, check-folding play.

Surf
Old 11-20-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: FWIW I think aside from a few hands early on I played terribly this session. I was wayyyy too passive and adjusted in bad ways - throwing random, senseless acts of aggression in alongside non-stop passive, check-folding play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I played bad too. I kinda regret posting this as it's probably a waste of people's time. Oh well.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I played bad too. I kinda regret posting this as it's probably a waste of people's time. Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

we should play 6 handed sometime. ive played a lot with jeffw already but id like to play a game with all the mid high players. and it cant be HU because i am too tilt prone HU.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:20 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we should play 6 handed sometime. ive played a lot with jeffw already but id like to play a game with all the mid high players. and it cant be HU because i am too tilt prone HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

3-handed was cool. schneider sat making ti 4 handed and i didnt like ti as much
Old 11-20-2005, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah there were some hands and preflop folds I definitly disagreed with. I wrote up some thoughts on a few hands from like the first 50-ish that I saw. I will post it later, its just comments on ten or so hands.

But here are a few comments off the top of my head...this may be ramble-ly-ish so bear with me.

(also I viewed the hands I saw with PT not showing any of the hole cards except Jeffs. After my own opinon was formed did I see what Villian had)

-KK, your thoughts on c/cing that river. U are so good there almost always, did u feel he would not call a raise?

-folding A4o in the SB to Surfs BTN raise while 3handed = I no likey this one

-Q7o. If u are going to call down, Why not just CR flop, bet turn or check raise turn. U basically let A-high/K-high do whatever they want, u do not force them to make a mistake or put them under pressure. Josh basically wins everytime u do not improve (which is a huge amount of the time). By not putting pressure on him u allow him to take a free card or bet the turn/check river which is really bad for u if u are taking this to showdown, as he wins everytime u dont improve. A check-raise allows u to take control of the hand and could increase your win percent. The control factor is one of the reasons u check-raise draws on the flop often (but of course with a draw, plus UI cards aagainst UI overs u are a coin flip on the flop. U hope to force overs to fold because u become a big down to on the turn.). I mean, its understandable if u think u have the best hand, but u dont force better hands into making a mistake. Dunno, intresting hand. I dont show this down (and dont get me wrong, I have called a river with T-high UI because I felt it was good, and it was...so Im not shy about showing down Q-high when the situation is right)

-(to surf) 77 w/ the draw. Bet turn.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
here you go jeff:

http://pokeravi.com/stuff/2p2game.txt

[/ QUOTE ]

I copied this file to Notepad, saved it, made a new database in PT, and imported it. That worked good.

=====
I've never brought more than a couple of dimes to a .5/1 table (2+2 Microlimit crowd full ring). $15,000 is the largest stack I've ever seen on a .5/1 table, so right away I knew you guys must be good.

1st hand (3players): Schneid on button opens with AT, Surf calls from BB with T9o. Oh, the domination.

OK, I'm ready to play some .5/1 6m with you guys.