Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 01:03 AM

Default I think I played it perfectly

Only read I have on opponent is PT stats. It rated him as a money bag so tight (14% VPIP) agressive (PFR 11%, AF 3). I put him on overcards...how did I do?

PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (4.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB
Old 08-20-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: I think I played it perfectly

I'll admit to getting a little teary eyed at the sight of a well played WA/WB. :sniff:
Old 08-20-2005, 01:07 AM

Why do you put him on overcards? Would he check AA-99? Will he fold AK on the river? Will he call with KQ?

I'm not sure why you played this perfectly.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll admit to getting a little teary eyed at the sight of a well played WA/WB. :sniff:

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I missing something? Without an ace flopping, we're way behind far more than we're way ahead.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:09 AM

Which overcards did you put him on that you are ahead of (especially at the river?)

Well he didn't raise first in. He reraised you. He is a moneybag so that means he at least has some preflop standards. I think he has a hand better than yours. I can't understand the river bet. I don't see him folding. I think you are wasting money here in a small pot. I fold the turn.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How many hands are we way ahead of, and how many are we way behind? I think we're behind many more than we're ahead of.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:10 AM

I don't know if you're joking or not, but this is not wa/wb.

c/c c/c bet isn't the right line for all wa/wb either.

Edit: to the op, fold the turn.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:11 AM

He took a long time to 3-bet me preflop. This could mean a lotta things but I guessed that he had AK or AQ or something and was thinking if it was good enough to 3-bet or not. I think if he had something like AA or KK he woulda raised it without a second thought. I'd fold AK on the river if I were him (not sure if that's right or wrong), that's why I played it that way.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:13 AM

He 3-bet you... from a tight-aggressive player that generally means TT-AA and AK. So there's really very few hands you'd be beating. If I were him, I wouldn't fold this river either. What's he afraid of?

I guess he could figure you're representing AJ of spades or hearts here, but that's about it. You certainly aren't representing an overpair.

I know a lot of people do this... they automatically assume their PFR opponent has big cards simply because big cards are dealt more often than pocket pairs. That justifies calling down with bottom pair as long as Q-A doesn't show up on the flop.

I think this play was a waste of money, especially at small stakes hold'em. But that's just my opinion...