Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: How many arabs killed by Americans?

"Number of American killed by Arabs."
***American combat deaths are around 1100.

"Number of Arabs killed by Americans"
The kill ratios of Arabs to Americans are roughly 22:1. So the are approximately 24,200 insurgents dead because of combat. And approximately another 1,000-3,000 Arabs killed as a result of collateral damage. Then there is the collateral damage caused by the insurgents when they set off car bombs in the middle of crowded streets. I don't have any data on the number of these deaths.

"I appreciate human life so much,"
***Do you? Or is this post just a shallow attempt to trash Bush43. Mass graves with thousands of skulls are being dug up in Shiite sections of Iraq. Thousands of Kurds killed by mustard gas. Torture chambers which killed and maimed people are shut down. If you truly value human life, you should see American controlled Iraq as an improvement of Sadaam's regime. Were you upset about the Rwanda genocides during Clinton's administration? Were you upset about the murders in Iraq under Sadaam? Or do you only get upset if a Republican President invaded Iraq? My instincts tell me this is more of a trash Bush43 post...

"Why is so difficult for them to feel bad about all those lives lost?"
***You must be young. It is an admirable trait to value the lives lost of people you don't even know. But after you read the paper for 20 years seeing all the murders and genocides around the world, you will realize that there is simple not enough emotional energy to allow yourself to be so empathetic. In fact I would argue it would not be emotionally healthy. You may even realize that there are evil people in the world that have no or little regard for human life. When these people die, I do not feel bad about it...

"there are people that just dont care, there are people that even enjoy it. How sick"
***Depends who does the dying. When Sadaams murderous sons were killed, I was glad they were gone. If that makes me "sick" then I guess according to you I'm sick.... But these two men will not be able to murder others again....surely you can concede this is a good thing....yes?
Old 01-29-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Black and white thinking vs. grey thinking. One of the most important differences between Conservatives and Liberals.

Conservatives think the people they're fighting, people unlike them, as evil. Much easier to kill someone when you think they're evil, and you're good. That's part of playing video games as the good guy.

Liberals put everyone on the same plane much more. They think mass murderers should have the same rights as everyone else, to exaggerate. They don't believe the detainee in Guantanmo Bay or the insurgent in Iraq is evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm this looks like some black and white thinking to me, you must be a conservative.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And approximately another 1,000-3,000 Arabs killed as a result of collateral damage. Then there is the collateral damage caused by the insurgents when they set off car bombs in the middle of crowded streets. I don't have any data on the number of these deaths.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I do have some, provided by the BBC

BBC obtains Iraq casualty figures

BBC

Coalition troops and Iraqi security forces may be responsible for up to 60% of conflict-related civilian deaths in Iraq - far more than are killed by insurgents, confidential records obtained by the BBC's Panorama programme reveal.

Conflct-related civilian deaths in Iraq. July 2004 to January 2005

3,274 civilians killed in total

2,041 by coalition and Iraqi security forces

1,233 by insurgents

12,657 civilians wounded in total

8,542 by coalition and Iraqi security forces

4,115 by insurgents

[ QUOTE ]

"I appreciate human life so much,"
***Do you? Or is this post just a shallow attempt to trash Bush43. Mass graves with thousands of skulls are being dug up in Shiite sections of Iraq. Thousands of Kurds killed by mustard gas. Torture chambers which killed and maimed people are shut down. If you truly value human life, you should see American controlled Iraq as an improvement of Sadaam's regime. Were you upset about the Rwanda genocides during Clinton's administration? Were you upset about the murders in Iraq under Sadaam? Or do you only get upset if a Republican President invaded Iraq? My instincts tell me this is more of a trash Bush43 post...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you dont believe me, but I'd feel exactly the same if Al Gore invaded Iraq, I'm not a Democrat, I'm pro-life; pro free-trade; against taxes; against big goverment; but mostly anti-war. I was very upset about the genocides in Iraq, Rwanda, Sudan. I'll be happy anytime a colition is formed to oust dictators and make this world a better place. But, this was not the case in Iraq, mass murderers and the gas of the Kurds were happening time ago. Some of them when Saddam was "our friend" and the US goverment didnt care then, and the American public by extension, why should I think than they "care" now?. This kind of arguments are just a pathetic hypocrite attemp (and really disingenuous) to justify this unjust war; in your infinite attempt to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"Why is so difficult for them to feel bad about all those lives lost?"
***You must be young. It is an admirable trait to value the lives lost of people you don't even know. But after you read the paper for 20 years seeing all the murders and genocides around the world, you will realize that there is simple not enough emotional energy to allow yourself to be so empathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont know if 35 qualify as "young", but you're right about this. So, I think we should use our energy to change things we can; and since we live here in the US, the Iraq war is one of them; well, at least I like to think that we can do something about it. We should do something about Sudan also.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

"there are people that just dont care, there are people that even enjoy it. How sick"
***Depends who does the dying. When Sadaams murderous sons were killed, I was glad they were gone. If that makes me "sick" then I guess according to you I'm sick.... But these two men will not be able to murder others again....surely you can concede this is a good thing....yes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I concede anytime somebody harmful for our society dies is a good thing, this is one of the reasons Im pro death penalty. With Saddam and his sons you may be right; but I dont believe the insurgents fighting now are evil people and deserved to be killed. Most of them are just young people trying to liberate their country; the same way I'd do it if some other country invaded mine, no matter how "good" their intentions.

David
Old 01-29-2005, 10:04 PM

Who really cares? Don't tell me, let me guess. Liberals?
Old 01-29-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont believe the insurgents fighting now are evil people and deserved to be killed. Most of them are just young people trying to liberate their country; the same way I'd do it if some other country invaded mine, no matter how "good" their intentions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the insurgents are:

A) former Saddamites/Ba'athists, who see the transition to democracy as costing them their previously enjoyed power and privilege

B) jihadists, and foreign fighters, and religious fanatics (who believe that democracy is evil and that allowing people to choose for themselves is evil)

Most of the insurgents are not:

A) average young Iraqis fighting to liberate their country

By the way, a huge voter turnout is expected. Should be exciting.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:45 PM

Would you support France, Germany or China invading Sudan, Rwanda or Saudi Arabia for example?

ABSOLUTELY...WHATS TROUBLING IS SO FEW LIBERALS EVER EVEN ADDRESS THE GENOCIDE TAKING PLACE THERE...GUESS BLACKS OUTSIDE AMERICA JUST ARENT THAT IMPORTANT TO THEM.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Black and white thinking vs. grey thinking. One of the most important differences between Conservatives and Liberals.

Conservatives think the people they're fighting, people unlike them, as evil. Much easier to kill someone when you think they're evil, and you're good. That's part of playing video games as the good guy.

Liberals put everyone on the same plane much more. They think mass murderers should have the same rights as everyone else, to exaggerate. They don't believe the detainee in Guantanmo Bay or the insurgent in Iraq is evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm this looks like some black and white thinking to me, you must be a conservative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, exactly what I thought, but maybe when you develop such a deep understanding on some issue, its ok to see it in black or white
Old 01-30-2005, 07:24 AM

^^^ Obviously not enough yet.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:28 PM

no, fascists like you care because it must be greater than 50 times American casualties, or you feel you are losing the war.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:54 PM

Wow Jokerswild you are so full of spunk and vigor today. What's that, like 6 posts in 10 minutes or so? Miniature schnauzers are known to be feisty little animals but I think cardcounter0 must have spiked your bowl of Mighty Dog this morning.

Take my advice and beg him to let you go out for a run. You'll feel so much better afterwards.