Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 06:31 AM

Default Re: When you look like a maniac

I can't believe no-one else has said fold preflop
Old 11-15-2005, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-15-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly I think that with so many styles working, that to fold preflop if you know your postflop game is solid could be a mistake. I typically see flops with deep stacks with a raise in front of me with hands that alot of people would say fold preflop with if I am closing the action, and I know I can get paid off big if I hit my hand.

I think that if you can't play well enough postflop to let go of this if an ace falls and you encounter resistance, you should fold this, but if you are fairly confident that you can outplay your opponent postflop, feel free.

Some of the top players would call here with complete garbage and win a pot with nothing, its not conserative, but thats the beauty of MTTs, you don't have to play tight to do well.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly I think that with so many styles working, that to fold preflop if you know your postflop game is solid could be a mistake. I typically see flops with deep stacks with a raise in front of me with hands that alot of people would say fold preflop with if I am closing the action, and I know I can get paid off big if I hit my hand.

I think that if you can't play well enough postflop to let go of this if an ace falls and you encounter resistance, you should fold this, but if you are fairly confident that you can outplay your opponent postflop, feel free.

Some of the top players would call here with complete garbage and win a pot with nothing, its not conserative, but thats the beauty of MTTs, you don't have to play tight to do well.

[/ QUOTE ]

What big hands are you looking for with A2o? 2-pair/straight?

Plus, it's not that deep. 20 BBs or so.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:49 AM

I would still look to just pair my ace, but if I encountered resistance I'd be done with it. I'd also be hoping to take down a pot with nothing based on good position here, if I get checked to I would bet with absolutely nothing, and it works enough to be profitable.

I would rather have deeper stacks here in this scenario, granted, but if my stack was 25-50BBs, I would make this play sometimes (not always).