Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2005, 04:22 PM

Default A better KQs (I hope)

Villian is a very solid player, wouldn't be surprised if it's someone reading this right now.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="green">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="green">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="green">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="green">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Ok, right here, I'm thinking that he's 3-betting pre-flop and betting that flop with a pair TT and up, and maybe AKs. He can't have AK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] since I have the K, and he obviously didn't have AK[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] since that K just came on the turn. So now I think he has a pair TT-AA. I'm ahead of about 60% of those hands, but I have to fold to a 3-bet, so my plan is to call down and keep MP1 around (he's not folding a flush draw for two bets anyway, and isn't getting the odds to draw to one of his 3 A's if he's holding one).

River: (10 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="green">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 01-08-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: A better KQs (I hope)

Flop call is pretty thin but you have the backdoor draw. I probably raise this turn and shut down if 3-bet. You let MP1 off the hook by just calling.

Brad
Old 01-08-2005, 04:29 PM

I would raise the turn here, if he has AA AK or a set, then you will know where you stand. I think you will be ahead more then you will be behind, so raising with the odds can be plus EV.

Disclaimer: I just started responding to posts about hands, so I am always opened to be corrected
Old 01-08-2005, 04:32 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Flop call is pretty thin but you have the backdoor draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say my 6 KQ outs are worth 2.5, the bd flush is 1.5, I'm getting 13:1 if/when MP1 calls, so I think the flop call is close, but ok.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
You let MP1 off the hook by just calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain how. He wasn't folding a flush draw, and his A outs (if that's what he had) weren't giving him the odds to call 1 bet, let alone two.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:38 PM

I honestly don't see how you can rule out AKo when he bets the flop. I think that you are in much worse shape then you suggest.

Anyway, MP1 can have lots of hands that you would like for him to fold. If he folds any small [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], it benefits you if you have the villian beat.

If the villian has something like TT w/[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and folds to the raise, then you have done yourself a favor as well.

[censored] I keep editing this. You are going to invest 2 BB in this pot anyway, so do it on the turn if you feel like there is any chance that someone will drop a hand that has outs against you.

Brad
Old 01-08-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop call is pretty thin but you have the backdoor draw. I probably raise this turn and shut down if 3-bet. You let MP1 off the hook by just calling.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he may be dominated and the coordinated board? would it be an OK call if preflop wasnt 3-bet and it was 1 to you on a rag board?