Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 01:22 PM

Default whipsaw mlb picks 6/27

Let's see if we can do better than 0-4 today... ugh.

Atlanta ML at +128

Ramirez and Moehler just faced eachother, and Ramirez got the best of it by throwing five shutout innings against the fish. Moehler got semi-lit up. Florida has lost Moehler's last six starts. Coming off that last good series by the Braves, they shouldn't be getting the wood in this matchup. I'll take it.

Houston ML at +113

You would think in fifteen starts against Colorado, that Jamey Wright could get at least one win. NO! He's 0-11 lifetime, with an amazing ERA. Rodriguez just pitched in a game against the Rocks (albeit in Houston), and Houston won. I like Houston to win, and I'll take the wood, even though Houston is a poor road team generally.

Orioles ML at +105

How the Yanks are road favorites here befuddles me. New York has lost five of Pavano's last six starts, and in the one win, Pavano still gave up six earned in 5+ innings. Cabrera is no Cy-Young candidate by any means, but he shouldn't be a home dog. He beat the Yanks last time he faced them.

Angels ML at -136

Colon has been unreal lately, especially on the road. The halos have won in his last five road starts, and six of his seven total for the year. He has beaten Texas twice this year, and his lifetime numbers against Texas are great (14-5, ERA under 4). On the other side, he's facing a pitcher (CJ Wilson) with one major league start under his belt, which he lost at home to the Nationals. The Angels just seem to outclass in this matchup, and I'll lay the wood even on the road.

Possible play on Tampa as home dogs--Nomo does nothing but win at home. Not included in these picks, though.

YTD 6-8 (+53)
Old 06-28-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: whipsaw mlb picks 6/27

3-1 > 0-4 nice picks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2005, 07:52 AM

Default Re: whipsaw mlb picks 6/27

Atlanta W
Houston W
Orioles L
Angels W

YTD 9-9 (+294)